[misc.misc] Slinkies

dauber@dtg.nsc.com (Jeff Dauber) (01/17/90)

In article <4489@rtech.rtech.com> reb@squid.UUCP ("REB - Tennessee Lamb") writes:
>In article <3593@hub.UUCP> 6600pete@hub.UUCP (Pete Gontier) writes:
>>in rec.humor.funny:
>>Wide-banded plastic slinkies with a different color on each side work best.
>
>Excuse me, since when are slinkies made with plastic? It's been a while since
>I've played with one...

You can still get the metal slinkies though they are much more difficult
to find than the plastic variety.  The plastic ones have been around for
years (since at least 1982 or 83).

Maybe we should have a newsgroup alt.drugs.toys   :-)

Jeff
-23-

jb3o+@andrew.cmu.edu (Jon Allen Boone) (01/17/90)

dauber@dtg.nsc.com (Jeff Dauber) writes:
> In article <4489@rtech.rtech.com> reb@squid.UUCP ("REB - Tennessee Lamb") writes:
> >In article <3593@hub.UUCP> 6600pete@hub.UUCP (Pete Gontier) writes:
> >>in rec.humor.funny:
> >>Wide-banded plastic slinkies with a different color on each side work best.
> >
> >Excuse me, since when are slinkies made with plastic? It's been a while since
> >I've played with one...
> >

> You can still get the metal slinkies though they are much more difficult
> to find than the plastic variety.  The plastic ones have been around for
> years (since at least 1982 or 83).
>
> Maybe we should have a newsgroup alt.drugs.toys   :-)

Or maybe alt.drugs.trip.toys for some special ones...

here's a tip....

some people use to do this with buttons....

it's a discus shaped toy with strings coming out both sides.  you wind
up the strings really tight and then pull on them...this makes the
discus spin rapidly (the harder you pull..the faster the spin and the
more noise it makes).  it's lots of fun straight....cost us about
$2.00 for one that was about 4" to 6" diameter.

> Jeff
> -23-

- iain
"trip through please"