[misc.misc] Info wanted: SORD Computer

Azog-Thoth@cup.portal.com (William Thomas Daugustine) (08/12/90)

I am looking for ANY kind of information on the following computer:

Sord343SX (Main)

The unit itself is an oblong box, about two feet deep, 6 inches wide,
and one foot tall. I am looking for such info as processor type and
speed, hardware configuration, and operating system.

If you even heard of Sord, then you know more about it than me!:-)

Billy D'Augustine
Azog-Thoth@cup.portal.com

sii-se@aiai.uucp (Shintaro Endo) (08/12/90)

In article <32692@cup.portal.com> Azog-Thoth@cup.portal.com (William Thomas Daugustine) writes:

>I am looking for ANY kind of information on the following computer:
>
>Sord343SX (Main)
>
>The unit itself is an oblong box, about two feet deep, 6 inches wide,
>and one foot tall. I am looking for such info as processor type and
>speed, hardware configuration, and operating system.
>
>If you even heard of Sord, then you know more about it than me!:-)
>
>Billy D'Augustine
>Azog-Thoth@cup.portal.com

Hi, Billy.

The Sord is a Japanese computer company sold by Toshiba.

	Sord Corp.
	5-20-7 Masago, Chiba-shi, Chiba, JAPAN
	Tel: +81-472-79-2611

	Sord Engineering Service Corp.
	Kogure-suehiro building, 3-15-6 soto-kanda, chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, Japan
	Tel: +81-3-253-6611

As far as I can remember about Sord computer, the operating system is
a special one (at least its name) and CPU is one of intel 86 series.

--
-- Shintaro Endo  (Visitor from SII)              uucp: ...!ukc!ed.ac.uk!Endo
Artificial Intelligence Applications Institute (AIAI)   janet:  Endo@uk.ac.ed

jack@cs.glasgow.ac.uk (Jack Campin) (08/14/90)

Azog-Thoth@cup.portal.com (William Thomas Daugustine) wrote:

> I am looking for ANY kind of information on the following computer:
> Sord343SX (Main)
> The unit itself is an oblong box, about two feet deep, 6 inches wide,
> and one foot tall. I am looking for such info as processor type and
> speed, hardware configuration, and operating system.

Sord made CP/M machines (one, I think, used twin Z80 cpus) and a bigger
machine with a 68000 and a Z80 in it - it ran CP/M-68K, the Z80 was an
i/o processor.  This is from seeing an ad for them several years ago.
Yours sounds like one of the bigger ones; I don't know what the serial
number means.  The best place to ask is alt.folklore.computers.

--
--  Jack Campin   Computing Science Department, Glasgow University, 17 Lilybank
Gardens, Glasgow G12 8QQ, Scotland   041 339 8855 x6044 work  041 556 1878 home