[net.sf-lovers] Where has Schmitz gone?

carlton@masscomp.UUCP (Carlton Hommel) (01/11/85)

In article <485@mhuxt.UUCP> Jeff Sonntag writes:
>    ...how many of you remember a novel called "The Witches
>of Karres"?  The ending of the book seemed to set the stage for a sequel,
>but one has never appeared.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings, but James H. Schmitz is dead.  While
(as far as I know, I'd have to check the MIT SFS Library to be sure) he did
not write  anything else in that universe, there are several stories in the
Telzey Amberdon mythos. She is a beautiful young genius-telepath whose only
problem is
    _The Universe Against Her_, and its sequels
    _The Telzey Toy_
    _The Lion Game_

Other books he has written (but I have not read) and been published by Ace
Books are
    _Agent of Vega_
    _The Demon Breed_
    _Legacy_

	Carl Hommel
Wife:  What's the Egger Route?
Husband:  You don't want to know.  Believe me, you don't want to know.