[net.sf-lovers] John Bellairs

rmorgan@tikal.UUCP (R J Morgan) (01/09/85)

Several years ago I ran across a surprising little book called
_The_Face_in_the_Frost_, by John Bellairs.  Has anyone seen, know
of, or better, read any other books by the same author?

Thanks,
R J Morgan

dts@gitpyr.UUCP (Danny Sharpe) (01/11/85)

In article <70@tikal.UUCP> rmorgan@tikal.UUCP writes:
>Several years ago I ran across a surprising little book called
>_The_Face_in_the_Frost_, by John Bellairs.  Has anyone seen, know
>of, or better, read any other books by the same author?

I enjoyed _The_Face_in_the_Frost_ so much that when I found a copy of
_The_Pedant_and_the_Shuffly_ in a used book store I bought it without
question.

It's like a road runner cartoon in print. A tad lacking in plot, which
made it get kind of tiresome, but it has some neat word play.

-- Either Argle-Bargle IV or someone else. --

Danny Sharpe
School of ICS
...!{akgua,allegra,amd,hplabs,ihnp4,seismo,ut-ngp}!gatech!gitpyr!dts

kalash@ucbcad.UUCP (01/11/85)

> Several years ago I ran across a surprising little book called
> _The_Face_in_the_Frost_, by John Bellairs.  Has anyone seen, know
> of, or better, read any other books by the same author?

	John Bellairs is one of the MOST difficult authors to find
old books by. I have a total of seven, and I THINK that is about
half of his total books (I can't even find a bibliography of his stuff).
Most of his books are "young adult", and the ones I have are:

	The House With a Clock in Its Walls
	The Letter, the Witch, and the Ring
		(the above are part of a trilogy)
	The Curse of the Blue Figurine
	The Mummy the Will and the Crypt
	The Spell of the Sorcerer's Skull
		(the above are a trilogy)
	The Dark Secret of Weatherend

I know of three others (although I have never seen these books)

	The Pendant and the Shuffly
	St. Fidgeta and Other Parodies
	The Figure in the Shadows (the third in the House and Letter trilogy)

I have heard vague rumours that there is another triolgy, but nothing
is sure. They are all quite good books, he is wonderful on a rainy
sunday afternoon.

			Joe Kalash
			kalash@berkeley
			ucbvax!kalash