[net.sf-lovers] Where has Zelazney gone?

js2j@mhuxt.UUCP (sonntag) (01/08/85)

*** REPLACE THIS LINE WITH YOUR MESSAGE!! ***
    Has something happened to Zelazney?  It seems as though it's been an
awfully long time since he's published a new novel.  He hasn't retired or
anything like that, has he?
    On a similar note, how many of you remember a novel called "The Witches
of Karres"?  The ending of the book seemed to set the stage for a sequel,
but one has never appeared.  It's author, (whose name I've forgotten) hasn't
been publishing any other stuff, either.  Maybe someday we'll bet the
sequel.
--
Jeff Sonntag
ihnp4!mhuxt!js2j

rfg@hound.UUCP (R.GRANTGES) (01/09/85)

[]
Witches of Karres author (Schmitz) never wrote that longed-for
sequel. He's now dead, I believe. sob.

--

"It's the thought, if any, that counts."  Dick Grantges  hound!rfg

draves@harvard.ARPA (Richard Draves) (01/10/85)

>     On a similar note, how many of you remember a novel called "The Witches
> of Karres"?  The ending of the book seemed to set the stage for a sequel,
> but one has never appeared.  It's author, (whose name I've forgotten) hasn't
> been publishing any other stuff, either.  Maybe someday we'll bet the
> sequel.

James Schmitz wrote "The Withes of Karres", along with some stuff about
a girl named Telzey Amberly (Is this name close?) that David Palmer's new
book "Emergence" reminded me of.  I vaguely remember hearing that he is dead.

Rich

gail@calmasd.UUCP (Gail B. Hanrahan) (01/11/85)

[How many other people will post a similar article?]

The author of \The Witches of Karres/ is/was James Schmitz.  I
have seen (in a B. Dalton's) a number (4? 5?) of books by him
about a "psychic Galactic agent" or some such, though I haven't
read any of them.  Don't know anything about a sequel to
\Karres/.

Gail Bayley Hanrahan
{ihnp4,decvax,ucbvax}!sdcsvax!calmasd!gail

@RUTGERS.ARPA,@MIT-MC:LS.SRB@MIT-EECS (01/15/85)

From: "Stephen R. Balzac" <LS.SRB%MIT-EECS@MIT-MC.ARPA>

Zelazny is supposedly writting some more Amber books (3 I think).

Witches of Karres was written, I believe, by Schmidt.