[misc.forsale] Color Splitter

rickfor@ncrcae.Columbia.NCR.COM (Rick Forrest) (08/16/89)

For Sale:

SunRize Industries Color Splitter:

	*Accepts NTSC video signal, splits it into R,G,B.
	*Provision for S-Video input.
	*Software or switch controlled.
	*Great for digitizing from Laserdisk or VCR with good freeze frame.
	*Works with Perfect Vision, Digi-View digitizers, others too.

$70, buyer pays shipping.
Rick Forrest

laba-2ac@web-3h.berkeley.edu (08/29/89)

In article <4906@ncrcae.Columbia.NCR.COM> rickfor@ncrcae.Columbia.NCR.COM (Rick Forrest) writes:
>For Sale:
>
>SunRize Industries Color Splitter:
>
>	*Accepts NTSC video signal, splits it into R,G,B.
>	*Provision for S-Video input.
>	*Software or switch controlled.
>	*Great for digitizing from Laserdisk or VCR with good freeze frame.
>	*Works with Perfect Vision, Digi-View digitizers, others too.
>
>$70, buyer pays shipping.

This is a question I've always wanted to ask.

I want to digitize some pics, and I am considering one of two ways.
Either a framegrabber/buffer/etc, or a Color splitter/Digiview combo.

Has anybody used a colorsplitter/Digiview combo. I have a laserdisc *AND*
a time-base-corrector/frame-sync which will do freeze. Have you gotten better
res out of such a combo (splitter/Digiview) (I would assume so, but assuming
makes an....you get the picture). I am more worried about the color rendition.
I can control the color (called "subcarrier" for video techies) from my TBC,
but how accurately does a color-splitter filter the RGB components.

Personally, I'd like to use a CBS Labs RGB Proc-Amp, but they're expensive,
and the last one I saw was about 8 years ago.

>Rick Forrest

Rick, do you still have it for sale???  Let me know.

     Robert Gutierrez
     <ranma@cup.portal.com> from a borrowed account.
     ****DO NOT REPLY TO THIS ACCOUNT**** (reply to "ranma@..)

Na Choon Piaw			P.O Box, 4067, Berkeley, CA 94704-0067
laba-2ac@web.berkeley.edu	Disclaimer: I'm speaking only for myself!

king@dciem.dciem.dnd.ca (Stephen King) (08/29/89)

In article <1989Aug29.074150.21899@agate.uucp> laba-2ac@web-3h () writes:
>Has anybody used a colorsplitter/Digiview combo. I have a laserdisc *AND*
>a time-base-corrector/frame-sync which will do freeze. Have you gotten better
>res out of such a combo (splitter/Digiview) [...]

Yes. I have used Digi-view to digitize the output of an NTSC decoder, one
colour at a time. The decoder is an Electrohome (ECP 1000, if I remember
correctly). This item, which may or may not be discontinued, is a high
quality decoder, with a comb filter. It cost us about $1k (Canadian).
The results are far superior to those obtained from Digiview's colour
filter wheel. The source video came from a videodisc. I did not need a
TBC.
--
                       Se non e` vero, e` ben trovato
     ...{utzoo|mnetor}!dciem!dretor!king        king@dretor.dciem.dnd.ca

rickfor@ncrcae.Columbia.NCR.COM (Rick Forrest) (08/30/89)

>Rick, do you still have it for sale???  Let me know.

Thanks to all who inquired - the splitter is sold.

Rick Forrest.