[net.music] Queen and Styx revival

bob@cornell.UUCP (09/24/84)

From: bob (Bob Harper)
Does anyone have any idea why, all of a sudden, radio stations all across
the country are playing old Queen (from Killer Queen through We Are the
Chumpions) and old Styx every g.d. day??  It seems to have started this
summer; I haven't been able to get away from it since.

			    Bob Harper

dave@gitpyr.UUCP (David Corbin) (10/01/84)

> From: bob (Bob Harper)
> Does anyone have any idea why, all of a sudden, radio stations all across
> the country are playing old Queen (from Killer Queen through We Are the
> Chumpions) and old Styx every g.d. day??  It seems to have started this
> summer; I haven't been able to get away from it since.
>
> 			    Bob Harper

Where are they doing this? I haven't heard it, but I sure would like to.

I can't offer a reason for sure, but I can speculate about STYX. Both
Dennis DeYoung and Tommy Shaw of Styx have solo albums coming out this fall.
(Actually, Dennis DeYoung's is already out.) Maybe this has something to do
with it, though I don't know why.

David Corbin
Georgia Institute of Technology
Box 34034
Atlanta GA 30332
...!{akgua,allegra,amd,hplabs,ihnp4,masscomp,ut-ngp}!gatech!gitpyr!dave
...!{rlgvax,sb1,uf-cgrl,unmvax,ut-sally}!gatech!gitpyr!dave

merchant@dartvax.UUCP (Peter Merchant) (10/03/84)

{ Stand Tall, Don't Think Small, Don't Put Your Back Against the Wall }

It could have something to do with it.  Also, Freddie Mercury has some
solo stuff coming out from the movie Metropolis.  He might even have
a solo album coming out...I'm not quite sure.  But I know he has been
doing some solo stuff, too.
--
                                          Peter Merchant

robert@gitpyr.UUCP (Robert Viduya) (10/07/84)

> { Stand Tall, Don't Think Small, Don't Put Your Back Against the Wall }
>
> It could have something to do with it.  Also, Freddie Mercury has some
> solo stuff coming out from the movie Metropolis.  He might even have
> a solo album coming out...I'm not quite sure.  But I know he has been
> doing some solo stuff, too.
> --
>                                           Peter Merchant

Also note that Queen just came out with an album last summer.  "Radio Gaga"
was one of the more well known songs of that album.  The video for the song
had scenes from Metropolis all over it.

					robert
--
Robert Viduya
Office of Computing Services

...!{akgua,allegra,amd,hplabs,ihnp4,masscomp,ut-ngp}!gatech!gitpyr!robert
...!{rlgvax,sb1,uf-cgrl,unmvax,ut-sally}!gatech!gitpyr!robert