[net.sf-lovers] maia

@RUTGERS.ARPA:janzen%pipa.DEC@decwrl.ARPA (01/25/85)

From: janzen%pipa.DEC@decwrl.ARPA  (Thomas E. Janzen LMO4-0/B5 DTN 279-5421 ECL logic test)

Space 1999 Maia changing shapes violating conservation of mass.
Conservation of mass was discarded with modern relativity.
Mass can become energy.  In fact, I once knew someone like Maia,
could do everything Maia could do, so there.

Tom

Fri 25-Jan-1985 10:56 EST

moore@ucbcad.UUCP (01/28/85)

> From: janzen%pipa.DEC@decwrl.ARPA  (Thomas E. Janzen LMO4-0/B5 DTN 279-5421 ECL logic test)
>
> Conservation of mass was discarded with modern relativity.
> Mass can become energy.  In fact, I once knew someone like Maia,
> could do everything Maia could do, so there.
>
> Tom

    I sure wouldn't want to be around when he/she did it :

% units
464 units; 3569 bytes

you have: pound-c2
you want: megaton tnt
        * 9.769081e+00
        / 1.023638e-01
%

    So Maia would emit the equivalent energy of a 10 megaton explosion for each
pound of mass lost.  Probably even as neutrinos the flux would lethal.
The things you learn from the 'units' command ....

	Peter Moore (ucbvax!moore, moore@Berkeley)