[net.sf-lovers] Perils of Gwendolline movie

@RUTGERS.ARPA:York@SCRC-STONY-BROOK.ARPA (01/28/85)

From: William M. York <York@SCRC-QUABBIN.ARPA>

    Date: Sun, 20 Jan 85 16:58 EST
    From: Mark Purtill <Purtill@MIT-MULTICS.ARPA>

    According to the Feb '85 /Comics Journal/, the "Perils of
    Gwendolline" movie /is/ based on the comic, but the bondage has been
    removed.

    Mark

Last August, in Austin Texas, while waiting for the electrician (or someone
like him) during the setup for AAAI, we found ourselves with a couple of
hours to kill.  Scanning the local paper for a matinee movie, "The
Perils of Gwendoline" looked like the perfect way to kill them.

Micro-review:  Sort of a cross between "Barbarella" and "Raiders of the
Lost Ark".

It's basically a knock-off adventure film, with an attempt to substitute
mild nudity for plot.  The bondage is not completely removed.  We didn't
quite regret spending the $2.00.