[net.sf-lovers] Magnus Ridolph

@RUTGERS.ARPA:stever@cit-vax (01/21/85)

From: stever@cit-vax (Steve Rabin    )

  Could someone give me pointers to Jack Vance's Magnus Ridolph stories?

							Steve

@RUTGERS.ARPA:ZELLICH@SRI-NIC.ARPA (01/24/85)

From: Rich Zellich <ZELLICH@SRI-NIC.ARPA>

The definitive collection seems to be "The Many Worlds of Magnus Ridolph"
from DAW, containing:

   The Kokod Warriors
   The Unspeakable McInch
   The Howling Bounders
   The King of Thieves
   The Spa of the Stars
   Coup de Grace
   The Sub-Standard Sardines
   To B Or Not to C Or To D

If there are any M.R. stories other than these, I'd appreciate pointers
to them.  "The Worlds of Jack Vance", Ace, also contains The Kokod Warriors,
The King of Thieves, and Coup de Grace.

Enjoy,
Rich
-------

@RUTGERS.ARPA:NEFF@SU-SIERRA.ARPA (01/28/85)

From: Randall B. Neff <NEFF@SU-SIERRA.ARPA>

The recent Underwood/Miller hardcover, The Complete Magnus Ridolph,
contains two additional stories.
   Hard-Luck Diggings
   Sanatoris Short-Cut

In their introduction, Vance says that  he was trying
an experiment with fast writing.  He has successfully kept them both
out of print for thirty-five years.

I think that the five Demon Prince novels has a lot of the same flavor
as the Magnus Ridolph stories.  I especially like the counterfiting
and the end of The Face.

Randy.
-------

sanders@aecom.UUCP (Jeremy Sanders) (02/07/85)

> From: stever@cit-vax (Steve Rabin    )
>
>   Could someone give me pointers to Jack Vance's Magnus Ridolph stories?
>
> 							Steve

The stories are available from DAW in paperback under the title (I think)
"The Adventures of Magnus Ridolf". All those stories and two more appear
in a hardcover book "The Complete Magnus Ridolf"

					Jeremy Sanders
--
					Jeremy Sanders
	{ihnp4|spike|rocky2|philabs|pegasus|esquire|cucard}!aecom!sanders