[net.sf-lovers] SF-LOVERS Digest V10 #47

@RUTGERS.ARPA:EVAN@SU-CSLI.ARPA (02/10/85)

From: Evan Kirshenbaum <evan@SU-CSLI.ARPA>

>It isn't an outstanding movie by any means, but it's funny,
>outrageous, and entertaining (and has a good soundtrack). I only
>wish I had it on videotape, so that I could watch it in peace. It
>would be nice to see and hear the *movie* again instead of the
>*audience*.

No, actually, it wouldn't.  I was an avid (though not fanatical)
RHPS fan for several years before being in a dorm production of the
show (imagine trying to dance when 200 people are shouting and throwing
things at you...but that's another story).  Since the show I have seen
RHPS twice.  It's still fun, but even with the audience, it is incredibly
slow.  The movie was obviously made for audience participation, as they
left holes in the dialogue for it all over the place (Being on stage, we
couldn't so we tightened it up a lot).  I don't think it would be anywhere
near as much fun to see alone.

As a possible explanation of the lack of success of the stage play on
Broadway, have you ever seen (or heard) the music for the original?  They
improved it quite a bit for the Movie.

	evan
	{evan@SU-CSLI.ARPA}
	{...!glacier!evan}	(I!never!use!UUCP)

"I wonder if it will be friends with me."
-------