[net.sf-lovers] The Rocky Horror Show.

@RUTGERS.ARPA:Shiffman@WHITE.SWW.Symbolics.COM (02/12/85)

From: Hank Shiffman <Shiffman@SWW-WHITE>

    Date: Sat 9 Feb 85 13:46:55-PST
    From: Evan Kirshenbaum <evan@SU-CSLI.ARPA>

    As a possible explanation of the lack of success of the stage play
    on Broadway, have you ever seen (or heard) the music for the
    original?  They improved it quite a bit for the Movie.

The play may not have been successful on Broadway, but it was another
story in London.  I saw it there in August of 1980, just before it
finally closed down after an eight year run.  (Jesus Christ Superstar,
which opened in London a few months before Rocky Horror, closed around
the same time.)  Personally, I thought the play was a good deal funnier
and more effective than the film.  I also preferred the music in the
play, although I would have given a lot to have seen Tim Curry as Frank.