[misc.wanted] New fortune file request

heff@bsdpkh.UUCP (04/10/87)

The fortune file on our system is over two years old. The source code
for fortune gives Ken Arnold as the author of (at least most of) the
code. Is anybody maintaining a fortune data base? We'd sure appreciate
a new batch of fortunes! Thanks!

Paul Heffner
AT&T-IS
Altamonte Springs, Fl.
{ihnp4, akgua, attmail}!bsdpkh!heff

srk@actnyc.UUCP (04/16/87)

In article <276@bsdpkh.UUCP> heff@bsdpkh.UUCP (Paul K Heffner) writes:
>The fortune file on our system is over two years old. The source code
>for fortune gives Ken Arnold as the author of (at least most of) the
>code. Is anybody maintaining a fortune data base? We'd sure appreciate
>a new batch of fortunes! Thanks!
>
>Paul Heffner
>AT&T-IS
>Altamonte Springs, Fl.
>{ihnp4, akgua, attmail}!bsdpkh!heff

Us too!!!!  (I think this is worthy enough to be posted to net.sources)

larry@kitty.UUCP (04/18/87)

In article <134@actnyc.UUCP>, srk@actnyc.UUCP (Shalom Krischer) writes:
> >The fortune file on our system is over two years old. The source code
> >for fortune gives Ken Arnold as the author of (at least most of) the
> >code. Is anybody maintaining a fortune data base? We'd sure appreciate
> >a new batch of fortunes! Thanks!
>
> Us too!!!!  (I think this is worthy enough to be posted to net.sources)

	I agree; we need an updated fortunes file, since some of the
entries are rather outdated.  My two favorites:

One Bell System - it sometimes works.
One Bell System - it works.

	Perhaps those entries should be replaced with:

One Bell System - it lived once, but then it died.

<>  Larry Lippman @ Recognition Research Corp., Clarence, New York
<>  UUCP:  {allegra|ames|boulder|decvax|rocksanne|watmath}!sunybcs!kitty!larry
<>  VOICE: 716/688-1231        {hplabs|ihnp4|mtune|seismo|utzoo}!/
<>  FAX:   716/741-9635 {G1,G2,G3 modes}    "Have you hugged your cat today?"