[misc.wanted] What's the fastest clock chip?

gts@axiom.UUCP (05/12/87)

Could someone give me a pointer to specs on fast clock chips.
I'm looking for something that requires very little support circuitry
and runs better than 100MHz.  General price info would also be appreciated.

Just out of curiousity, what is the fastest clock chip currently on the
market?
+---------------------------------+ +---------------------------------------+
| ...decvax!linus!---\            | |"Live by the foma that makes you brave |
|                     >-axiom!gts | | and kind and healthy and happy."      |
| ...seismo!harvard!-/            | |           --The Books of Bokonon. 1:5 |
+---------------------------------+ +---------------------------------------+

gordon@prls.UUCP (Gordon Vickers) (05/12/87)

In article <2970@axiom.UUCP> gts@axiom.UUCP (Guy Schafer) writes:
> (several lines deleted -gpv)
>Just out of curiousity, what is the fastest clock chip currently on the
>market?

  We're using a petty fast one. Gains 15 minutes / day. Fast enough ? :-)

[ Sorry, couln't help myself ]

apn@nonvon.UUCP (root) (05/13/87)

in article <2970@axiom.UUCP>, gts@axiom.UUCP (Guy Schafer) says:

> Could someone give me a pointer to specs on fast clock chips.
> I'm looking for something that requires very little support circuitry
> and runs better than 100MHz.  General price info would also be appreciated.
>
> Just out of curiousity, what is the fastest clock chip currently on the
> market?
> | ...decvax!linus!---\            | |"Live by the foma that makes you brave |
> |                     >-axiom!gts | | and kind and healthy and happy."      |
> | ...seismo!harvard!-/            | |           --The Books of Bokonon. 1:5 |

	What exactly do you mean by a "clock chip" ?    An oscillator that clocks  at some f ? Do you mean a counter ? Or a real time clock ?  A timer of some
sort ?

)) Alex