[misc.wanted] TURBO PASCAL to TURBO C Translater

glazer@osupyr.UUCP (Jon Glazer) (07/10/87)

Does anyone out there in net-land, know of any Turbo PASCAL (or general
PASCAL) to Turbo C (General C) translator programs.  There has been some
mention of such an animal either here or on another system (can't remember)
but since I had not recieved my Turbo C then I was uninterested.

I am sure there are a lot of other TURBO users out there that would be
interested in such a utility.  Post it here if you find it or send me mail
with info on how I could obtain it.

Jon
<Microwiz>

dbercel@sun.uucp (Danielle Bercel, MIS Systems Programming) (07/12/87)

In article <455@osupyr.UUCP> glazer@osupyr.UUCP (Jon Glazer) writes:
>Does anyone out there in net-land, know of any Turbo PASCAL (or general
>PASCAL) to Turbo C (General C) translator programs.

On the BBS systems around here there is a program called TPTOC
that claims to to the job.

danielle

--
UUCP:  {hplabs,decvax,}!sun!toto!{danielle,dbercel}
/-------------------------------------\
\-------------------------------------/    Sun Microsystems, Inc.

ralf@b.gp.cs.cmu.edu (Ralf Brown) (07/13/87)

In article <455@osupyr.UUCP> glazer@osupyr.UUCP (Jon Glazer) writes:
>Does anyone out there in net-land, know of any Turbo PASCAL (or general
>PASCAL) to Turbo C (General C) translator programs.
>
>Jon
><Microwiz>

Just a few days ago, I downloaded TPC 1.4 from a local bulletin board.  It
does a pretty good job of translating Turbo Pascal or Pascal MT+ to generic C.
Unfortunately, it is unable to handle ABSOLUTE variables--the one large
program I have tried to translate so far worked fine until TPC hit the
ABSOLUTE statements and took 300 lines to get re-aligned.  Maybe in 1.5...

If there is sufficient interest (mail only, please), I will post it to
comp.binaries.ibm.pc, otherwise I will mail it. (ARC file is ~39K)

ARPA:  RALF@B.GP.CS.CMU.EDU               USnail: Ralf Brown
AT&T:  (412) 268-3053 (school)                    Computer Science Department
                                                  Carnegie-Mellon University
DISCLAIMER?  Who ever said I claimed anything?    Pittsburgh, PA 15213
"I do not fear computers.  I fear the lack of them..." -- Isaac Asimov