[misc.wanted] Character sets for Okidata 82

rgc@edison.GE.COM (Rick Carl) (03/25/88)

I have an older Okidata Microline 82 with the orginal PROM set...
which means that I can down load character sets to that printer.

Does anyone have access to various character sets to use with this
printer?  Can anyone mail me any programs that aid in developing
character sets?  Can anyone mail me any character sets to down-
load?

Thanks in advance,
Rick

rgc@edison.GE.COM
--
Rick Carl               GE Fanuc  -  Charlottesville, VA  22901
rgc@edison.GE.COM       old arpa: rgc%edison.GE.COM@seismo.CSS.GOV

farren@gethen.UUCP (Michael J. Farren) (03/27/88)

In article <1408@edison.GE.COM> rgc@edison.GE.COM (Rick Carl) writes:
>I have an older Okidata Microline 82 with the orginal PROM set...
>which means that I can down load character sets to that printer.

If you have an Okidata 82, you cannot download characters - this feature
was added on the 92 series.  You also cannot do graphics unless the
printer has been upgraded with the "Okigraph" PROM set.

--
Michael J. Farren             | "INVESTIGATE your point of view, don't just
{ucbvax, uunet, hoptoad}!     | dogmatize it!  Reflect on it and re-evaluate