[misc.wanted] LOST PUPPY REWARD

russell@imtec.co.uk (Russell Brown) (05/25/88)

In article <10500003@uiucdcsm> roberts@uiucdcsm.cs.uiuc.edu writes:

>			REWARD For LOST PUPPY
>...............  He was last seen around Spaulding Park area because
>I live near there on Sherwood Terrace in Champaign .......

Hmmmm. I havn't seen it here in the U.K. Have you tried France or
Germany? Maybe it climbed on a Quantas Jumbo and is cracking tubes
on a beach in Oz?

Oh, hold on! this posting went ***Worldwide*** - the puppy probably
isn't on the planet then. How about asking that nice man Gorby if his
chaps going to Mars will have a squint round for it??

--End of snide remarks and on to the serious bit.

Seriously though, This is just the latest example of the junk posted
with no thought to the distribution.

How about the backbone junking articles without a Distribution line or
at least inserting a default distribution that is not world?

Most of the "condo/dishwasher/tickets for a concert tomorrow in New
Jersey for sale" articles are posted without *any* form of distribution
line at all. Junking them at the backbone would at least limit the
propogation.

Right, that's got the tin open.....here come the worms!

|  Russell Brown                 | Voice: 0733-66852            |
|  Imtec plc                     | EMAIL: russell@imtec.co.uk   |
|  7 Fitzwilliam Suite,          | UUCP:                        |
|  Broadway Court, Peterborough, |  ...mcvax!ukc!imtec!russell  |
|  Britain, PE1 1SQ              |                              |