[misc.wanted] FLIGHT SIMULATOR

misha@nsc.nsc.com (Michael Umansky) (05/25/88)

There is a company, I think SYMBOLICS or SILICON SYSTEMS (I forget which),
that bundles a multi-user flight simulator with its workstations.
Does any one know if it is possible to get the sources to that flight
simulator and how?
Thanks
--
		NAME:   Michael Umansky (misha)
		E-MAIL:
			 	sun! ----\
				hplabs! --\
				pyramid! --+----> nsc!misha
				decwrl! --/
				amdahl! -/
		WORK:
			National Semiconductor Corporation
			1135 Kern Avenue,  Mail Stop - 7C266
			Sunnyvale, CA  94086
			(408) 721-8109 (work)
		HOME:
			4331 Lincoln Way
			San Francisco, CA  94122
			(415) 564-3921 (home)

jbn@glacier.STANFORD.EDU (John B. Nagle) (05/25/88)

      The company is Silicon Graphics, and the program (called "jet") runs
only on workstations with their special hardware, for which it is a demo.

					John Nagle

figlik@ihlpl.ATT.COM (Jim Figlik) (05/27/88)

In article <17462@glacier.STANFORD.EDU> jbn@glacier.UUCP (John B. Nagle) writes:

>      The company is Silicon Graphics, and the program (called "jet") runs
>only on workstations with their special hardware, for which it is a demo.
>
>					John Nagle

Microsoft has an exclusive distribution license for Flight Simulator on the
IBM PC. But this application was written by Sublogic. Sublogic also has a
product called JET, which simulates an F-15 and an F-16 in air-to-air as well
as air-to-ground battle. It runs about $20 discounted (2yr old copy).

Name:  Jim Figlik
 Org:  CAP Gemini America @AT&T Bell Labs, Indian Hill
Addr:  {world}!ihnp4!ihlpl!figlik
Disc:  These preceeding opinions not necessarily shared by anyone else

aacscjej@csuna.UUCP (j jackson) (05/29/88)

In article <17462@glacier.STANFORD.EDU> jbn@glacier.UUCP (John B. Nagle) writes:

>      The company is Silicon Graphics, and the program (called "jet") runs
                                                                 ^^^
               actually I believe it is called "Dog" for dogfight.  It is
               written in "C" and only uses a Hi-res optical mouse, keyboard,
               and of course the IRIS workstation.  Try Comp.sys.sgi.

>only on workstations with their special hardware, for which it is a demo.
>
>					John Nagle

Miq (that's with a Q) Millman

QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ
Q   "Yes, I LIKE it!"           Q                                             Q
Q          -Emil, "Robocop"     Q    UUCP: ....ucbvax!litvax!csun!aacscjej    Q
Q                               Q    Else:  gee do cars have zip codes?       Q
QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ

jdm@gssc.UUCP (John D. Miller) (06/01/88)

In article <5099@ihlpl.ATT.COM> figlik@ihlpl.UUCP (55242-Figlik,J.R.) writes:
>Sublogic also has a
>product called JET, which simulates an F-15 and an F-16 in air-to-air as well
>as air-to-ground battle. It runs about $20 discounted (2yr old copy).

actually, it the two planes you can fly are a ground-based F-16 and a carrier
based F-18.

-- jdm
--
...!{tektronix!verdix}!sequent!gssc!jdm                John D. Miller
(503) 641-2200                                         Graphic Software Systems