[misc.wanted] Laptop IBM-PC compatable with builtin 80-col printer wanted.

hgp@lzaz.ATT.COM (H.PAGE) (06/09/88)

In article <4870@dasys1.UUCP>, sruli@dasys1.UUCP (Andrew L. Shaffren) writes:
> Does anyone out there know of an IBM-PC compatible laptop with a builtin
> 80 col printer? Thermal is okay, no hard disk also okay.  I'd prefer
> a true laptop, but I'm also interested in hearing about luggables, too.
> An important qualification is that the printer must be builtin, not a
> seperate piece of hardware.

Wang makes one, the Wang laptop.  It has an 80x25 LCD screen, 10mb
hard disk, Ni-Cad batteries, and a 10cps thermal printer.  I enjoyed
using it, but it's not cheap and it's a little heavy (much heaver than
a Toshiba T1000, obviously).

Call your local WANG salesperson.

--

Howard G. Page   AT&T  HO 3D-534, (201)949-0366, ..!ihnp4!houem!hgp

stanwyck@druco.ATT.COM (Don Stanwyck) (06/11/88)

in article <4870@dasys1.UUCP>, sruli@dasys1.UUCP (Andrew L. Shaffren) says:
> Does anyone out there know of an IBM-PC compatible laptop with a builtin
> 80 col printer? Thermal is okay, no hard disk also okay.  I'd prefer
> a true laptop, but I'm also interested in hearing about luggables, too.

Sure!  You can have my Panasonic Exec-Partner!  (Oops, better not make that
offer.  I might need it again some day.)  The Panasonic Exec-Partner is a
luggable (~30 lbs.) IBM-comp. p.c. that comes with a built-in printer.  The
unit is extremely reliable, mine having logged > 250,000 airline miles in
the last two point five years.  Mine is the two floppy version, but friends
with the hard disk version report similar positive results.

I recently (last November) finally retired the beast in favor of a Zenith
181 laptop plus a Diconix 150 printer.  The combined weight is less, and
the printer is much faster/quiter/higher quality.  So now I lug a laptop
instead of a luggable.

I really did like the Panasonic, and would recommend it for many
applications.  I just needed something lighter and faster for my present
applications.

Good luck.
--
AT&T 				o  o			303-538-5004
Don Stanwyck		         ||   			ihnp4!drutx!stanwyck