[misc.wanted] WANTED: Used MS-DOS laptop

sean@ms.uky.edu (Sean Casey) (07/10/88)

I want a laptop PC to stuff in my backpack and take wherever I go. I find
that I have a lot of ideas for things that get lost because I either don't
write them down or am too lazy to transcribe onto electronic media.

Ideally, I'd like to get a Toshiba 1000, but I don't have quite enough
money to buy one brand new.

If you've got something like this, are not using it, and want to liquidate,
here's your chance. If you have any hints on where I should look, please
write.

PLEASE REPLY VIA EMAIL. I read none of the newsgroups that this is being
posted to.

Thanks,

Sean

--
***  Sean Casey                        sean@ms.uky.edu,  sean@ukma.bitnet
***  The IPCF Roto-Rooter man.         {backbone|rutgers|uunet}!ukma!sean

webber@aramis.rutgers.edu (Bob Webber) (07/10/88)

In article <9916@g.ms.uky.edu>, sean@ms.uky.edu (Sean Casey) writes:
> Re: WANTED: Used MS-DOS laptop
> I want a laptop PC to stuff in my backpack and take wherever I go. I find
> that I have a lot of ideas for things that get lost because I either don't
> write them down or am too lazy to transcribe onto electronic media.
>
> Ideally, I'd like to get a Toshiba 1000, but I don't have quite enough
> money to buy one brand new.
>
> If you've got something like this, are not using it, and want to liquidate,
> here's your chance. If you have any hints on where I should look, please
> write.

Gee, you hardly need to saddle yourself with MS-DOS just because you
want to record stuff electronically, both the Model 102 from Radio
Shack and the Psion Organizer make great electronic notebooks.  Both
are easy to configure with 24k of dataspace battery-backed ram and
both have accessories that allow them to handle megabytes if you
really want to type that much.  The Model 102 (used to be Model 100)
fits nicely in a knapsack and the Psion Organizer fits nicely in a
shirt pocket.  Both can spit stuff down an RS-232 port allowing you to
communicate with your home system whatever it is.  Each is reasonably
configured at under $500.  Both of these plus many others get
regularly reviewed/discussed in the magazine: Portable Computing
(available on newstands -- particularly in chain bookstores that carry
computer materials and magazines).

---- BOB (webber@athos.rutgers.edu ; rutgers!athos.rutgers.edu!webber)