[misc.wanted] Macintosh SE For Sale

rpitt@caen.engin.umich.edu (Raymond Jeczen Pittman) (07/24/88)

******* FOR SALE *******

MACINTOSH SE LOADED WITH ACCESSORIES AND SOFTWARE!!!!!

PACKAGE INCLUDES:

:  2 - 800k disk drives

:  ImageWriter II printer with black and color ribbon

:  Ergotron Mac SE tilt swivel stand

:  8"x12" Mouse Pad

:  Keningston printer stand

:  Mac SE platinum luggage bag

:  Imagewriter II platinum luggage bag

:  About 100 800k disks loaded with the LATEST versions of public domain
   and commerical software including business, graphics, wordprocessing
   games, desktop publishing, and more!

ABOUT THE SYSTEM...

This system is approximately 1 year old and is in MINT condition.  It's fan
is actually much quieter than any other SE's that I have heard, and the
same goes for the drives.  I have never had any problems with the machine
and it has been regularly maintained.  The printer is in fantantastic shape
and has been used infrequently.

I have lowered my offer to $2450.00 or best offer, for everthing.

All inquiries may be directed to:

rpitt@caen.engin.umich.edu      -or-     R.J.  Pittman @ 616-941-0082

**I can also include an Apple 1200 baud modem at a ridiculously low price for those interested.**

blknowle@uokmax.UUCP (Bradford L Knowles) (07/27/88)

Folks, I would have mailed this, but our mailer is broken...

In article <3d6d8e3c.1285f@maize.engin.umich.edu> rpitt@caen.engin.umich.edu (Raymond Jeczen Pittman) writes:

>******* FOR SALE *******
>
>MACINTOSH SE LOADED WITH ACCESSORIES AND SOFTWARE!!!!!
>
>[stuff deleted about "PACKAGE INCLUDES:" ...]
>
>ABOUT THE SYSTEM...
>
>This system is approximately 1 year old and is in MINT condition.
> [stuff deleted about how good a computer it is...]
>
>I have lowered my offer to $2450.00 or best offer, for everthing.
>
>rpitt@caen.engin.umich.edu      -or-     R.J.  Pittman @ 616-941-0082

The only problem with this is most students (like me) can get a brand
new Mac SE with two drives and and ImageWriter printer for about the
same price.  We get Apple's warranty, a brand new computer, and the only
thing we miss is some of the little extra accessories (and 100+ disks of
software).  Personally, I would rather have a new system with a warranty
than an old one that is supposedly in mint condition (no, I'm not
calling you a liar, I'm just saying that your idea of mint condition may
not be the same as my idea of mint condition -- it is a rather nebulous
statement, and thus hard to define).  If you really want to get some
serious nibbles, you're going to have to lower your price further, to
about the $2000 mark or so (I would guess).

-Brad Knowles

UUCP: ...!ihnp4!occrsh!uokmax!blknowle     ARPA: blknowle@uokmax.ecn.uoknor.edu
SNAIL: 1013 Mobile Circle
       Norman, OK  73071-2522

Disclaimer: (The above opinions are my own.  They have nothing to do with the
		Univeristy of Oklahoma nor intelligance of any sort. :-)