[misc.wanted] Videoworks format or routines wanted

rick@kimbal.UUCP (Rick Kimball) (10/25/88)

I remember reading about the availability of routines from Macromind
that allowed you to play back Videowork documents from within your
own program.  I think it consisted of a library of routines that
would link with LSC code.

Does any have it?  And would be willing to mail it to me.

I'd like to write a Videowork player for other machines (Unix-PC and
SUN) but I can't figure out the format.  Does anyone know what is in
the data files?  I tried creating a simple animation and then looking
at the data file to decipher its format, but it was beyond me.  The
resource fork look like it contained bitmaps of the cast.

Thanks
--
Rick Kimball                                   Software Design Group, Inc.
Manager, Software Development                  800 Trafalgar Ct. Suite 340

Don_Wing_Sawtelle@cup.portal.com (10/28/88)

Rick Kimball of Software Design Group, Inc. writes:

> I remember reading about the availability of routines
> from Macromind that allowed you to play back Videowork
> documents from within your own program.  I think it
> consisted of a library of routines that would link
> with LSC code.
>
> Does any have it?  And would be willing to mail it to
> me.

I believe you are referring to "Videoworks Object". That's
a commercial product... contact Macromind.

- Don Sawtelle
Stonecutter Software