[misc.wanted] $$$$

ssa@cbnewsd.ATT.COM (shahrooz.s.alavi) (07/31/89)

	I have a BRAND NEW (in sealed box) IBM PC convertible for sale.  It
	has 512K, dual 720k floppies, optional ENHANCED LCD display, DOS and
	all the normal stuff.  I also have an internal modem for it.

	>>> BEST OFFER > $600 (pc only) <<<

	Thanks.

	(PS. sorry if you see this article twice, I tried to cancel the first
	posting)

	S.S. Alavi
	..att!ihlpf!ssa
	(312) 717-0695  home
	(312) 510-2105  work

yap@me.utoronto.ca (Davin Yap) (08/01/89)

In article <864@cbnewsd.ATT.COM> ssa@cbnewsd.ATT.COM (shahrooz.s.alavi) writes:

>	(PS. sorry if you see this article twice, I tried to cancel the first
>	posting)
>
>	S.S. Alavi

	TWICE!!!!  I've seen this Ad nigh on TWENTY times since BEFORE
	CHRISTMAS!!!!

	Would you PLEASE sell the bloody thing!!!!  And stop WASTING
	bandwidth!!

	You Sir, have gone far past the point of being obnoxious, and I,
	am just responding in kind!

	Davin.

ssa@cbnewsd.ATT.COM (shahrooz.s.alavi) (08/02/89)

From article <89Jul31.185905edt.19531@me.utoronto.ca|, by yap@me.utoronto.ca (Davin Yap):
| In article <864@cbnewsd.ATT.COM> ssa@cbnewsd.ATT.COM (shahrooz.s.alavi) writes:
|>
|>	(PS. sorry if you see this article twice, I tried to cancel the first
|>	posting)
|>
|>	S.S. Alavi
|
| 	TWICE!!!!  I've seen this Ad nigh on TWENTY times since BEFORE
| 	CHRISTMAS!!!!
|
| 	Would you PLEASE sell the bloody thing!!!!  And stop WASTING
| 	bandwidth!!
|
| 	You Sir, have gone far past the point of being obnoxious, and I,
| 	am just responding in kind!
|
| 	Davin.

	Hey, no one is twisting your arm to read it!! for you info different
	people check the news at different times, for example if you do not
	read the news for a week or so (depending on the newsgroup), it may
	be removed from the archive.  I suggest you read the man pages
	of your news program and learn how to skip articles!

	The pc around Christmas was a different one, it was mine and this one
	belongs to my cousin that does not have access to the net.

	As far as being obnoxios...  Well, why don't you get a hold of your
	emotions and QUIT WASTING BANDWIDTH!! If there is something that
	is bothering you I suggest getting in contact with the original
	poster.  I certainly don't think you are talking on everyone's behalf.

	S.S. Alavi
	..att!ihlpf!ssa

jwright@atanasoff.cs.iastate.edu (Jim Wright) (08/03/89)

In article <929@cbnewsd.ATT.COM> ssa@cbnewsd.ATT.COM (shahrooz.s.alavi) writes:
| From article <89Jul31.185905edt.19531@me.utoronto.ca|, by yap@me.utoronto.ca (Davin Yap):
| | In article <864@cbnewsd.ATT.COM> ssa@cbnewsd.ATT.COM (shahrooz.s.alavi) writes:
| | 	You Sir, have gone far past the point of being obnoxious
|
| 	I certainly don't think you are talking on everyone's behalf.

He summed up my feelings on your constant advertisements.

--
Jim Wright
jwright@atanasoff.cs.iastate.edu

cck@deneb.ucdavis.edu (Earl H. Kinmonth) (08/03/89)

In article <1290@atanasoff.cs.iastate.edu> jwright@atanasoff.cs.iastate.edu.UUCP (Jim Wright) writes:
>In article <929@cbnewsd.ATT.COM> ssa@cbnewsd.ATT.COM (shahrooz.s.alavi) writes:
>| From article <89Jul31.185905edt.19531@me.utoronto.ca|, by yap@me.utoronto.ca (Davin Yap):
>| | In article <864@cbnewsd.ATT.COM> ssa@cbnewsd.ATT.COM (shahrooz.s.alavi) writes:
>| | 	You Sir, have gone far past the point of being obnoxious
>|
>| 	I certainly don't think you are talking on everyone's behalf.
>
>He summed up my feelings on your constant advertisements.

He [?] did not quite sum up my feelings which were:

(a)	why would anyone buy a piece of ibm iron in the first place;

(b)	still more, why would anyone buy a piece of ibm "portable" iron;

(c)	why is this being offered here when there are so many other
	appropriate venues such as the "shoppers," those papers you
	get outside the supermarket, that have such items, as "two
	snowtires for 65 Valiant; want to trade for bound volumes
	of HUSTLER 1970-1972, or best offer" etc., etc.

(d)	has the poster considered Purple Heart or Good Will.  In my
	neighborhood, Good Will will even pick up (on certain days).

rwberry@hubcap.clemson.edu (Robert W Berry) (08/03/89)

From article <929@cbnewsd.ATT.COM>, by ssa@cbnewsd.ATT.COM (shahrooz.s.alavi):
> From article <89Jul31.185905edt.19531@me.utoronto.ca|, by yap@me.utoronto.ca (Davin Yap):
> | In article <864@cbnewsd.ATT.COM> ssa@cbnewsd.ATT.COM (shahrooz.s.alavi) writes:
> |>    S.S. Alavi writes "sorry about seeing article twice"

> | 	Davin  writes "more like 20 times"

> 	S.S. Alavi replies "you could always skip it"...

    Most likely Davin has seen this article "nigh on twenty times" because
Alavi tends to post to any group which might be remotely interested.

     Isn't misc.forsale for postings about items for sale?

     Misc.wanted is not.  Comp.sys.ibm.pc is _DEFINITELY_ not.

     So how about posting these DOGGONE for sale messages in the
APPROPRIATE GROUP!!!!

     Before you recommend somebody check documentation on news, how
about checking it yourself.

     Geesh.

     Thank you for your support,
     Bob

-=- Bob Berry -=- PC-Guru's Inc.         ! rwberry@hubcap.clemson.edu   -=-
-=- We are the science of modern motion. ! 803-654-7623 || 803-656-2635 -=-