[misc.wanted] Tandy 1000 printer pinouts needed

billp@clutx.clarkson.edu (billp@clutx.clarkson.edu) (10/12/89)

   Help! Does anyone happen to know the pinouts of the Tandy 1000 parallel
printer port?  You know, the 34 pin card edge connector on the back of
the machine.  A friend asked me to make an extra long cable, but the only
"technical" information in the owner's manual is a picture (artist's
conception) of the computer, a printer, and a ribbon cable joining them,
with a caption that reads "connect as pictured", or something like that.
Since a ribbon cable is pictured, the pin assignments at the computer
must be similar, but not identical (34 < 36) to those at the other (cen-
tronics) end.
   Thanks in advance for any help....   (post or better yet, e-mail)
-Bill Plunkett  (billp@clutx.clarkson.edu -or- billp@clvm.bitnet)

illgen@hq.af.mil (Keneth..Illgen) (10/12/89)

In article <1989Oct11.184704.26281@sun.soe.clarkson.edu> billp@clutx.clarkson.edu (billp@clutx.clarkson.edu) writes:

>   Help! Does anyone happen to know the pinouts of the Tandy 1000 parallel
>printer port?  You know, the 34 pin card edge connector on the back of
>the machine.

  Bill,

     My handy-dandy x-reference guide tells me to match these pins together.

      TANDY                           CENTRONICS (PARALLEL)

        1                                   1
        3                                   2
        5                                   3
        7                                   4
        9                                   5
        11                                  6
        13                                  7
        15                                  8
        17                                  9
        21                                  11
        23                                  12
        2                                   20
        4                                   21
        6                                   22
        8                                   23
        10                                  24
        12                                  25
        14                                  26
        16                                  27
        28                                  32

     Hope that is what you were looking for!

Ken

:: 'Maybe we should drop an H-bomb on them'  - Hawkeye::
:: 'Don't try to get on my good side'  - Col Flagg::

jim@ic2020.UUCP (Jim Carter) (10/13/89)

in article <1989Oct11.184704.26281@sun.soe.clarkson.edu>, billp@clutx.clarkson.edu (billp@clutx.clarkson.edu) says:
>    Help! Does anyone happen to know the pinouts of the Tandy 1000 parallel
> printer port?  ...
>    Thanks in advance for any help....   (post or better yet, e-mail)
> -Bill Plunkett  (billp@clutx.clarkson.edu -or- billp@clvm.bitnet)

I have a technical reference manual for the 1000A.  Looking at the drawing
of the parallel printer interface I see the following :

- name -   - on card edge -
ppdata0      03
ppdata1      05
ppdata2      07
ppdata3      09
ppdata4      11
ppdata5      13
ppdata6      15
ppdata7      17
ppstrobe*    01
ppautofeed*  32
ppinit*      30
ppbusy*      25
pppaem       23
ppack*       19
ppbusy       21
ppfault*     28

ground       2,4,6,8,10,12,16,18,20,22,24,27,31,33
n.c.         14,26,29,34

I have made a cable in the past, and I just connected 1 to 1, 2 to 2,...
strait thru.  Ignoring 35 & 36 on the centronix cable.
Hope it helps.
--
Jim Carter (Sequoia Contact Lens,1355 11th Street,Reedley,CA,93654)
{...!csufres!csuf3b!ic2020!jim} 209/638-3939, Fax 209/638-5433