[misc.wanted] Software to generate barcodes

bobh@intermec.UUCP (Bob Hubert x6877) (11/11/89)

In article <337@egg-idINEL.GOV> whg@INEL.GOV (Bill Gray) writes:
>In article <6778@pt.cs.cmu.edu>, pdb@h.gp.cs.cmu.edu (Patrick Barron) writes:
>>
>> I'm looking for software to generate barcode labels (things that would
>> look something like the UPC symbols you find on your groceries), preferably
>  [ Plus other good stuff ... ]
>
>A good reference for the specs of various bar codes (UPC/EAN, Codabar, Code 39,
>Code 11, etc.) was published by Intermec Corp. in 1984. Unfortunately I haven't
>an address for them. The publication number is 602682A.
>
>A local library hereabouts implemented spine label bar code printing
>with student prgramming help; they print on a TI dot matrix printer.

I just happen to have their address:

Intermec Corporation
4405 Russell Road, P.O. Box 360602
Lynnwood, WA 98046-9702

(206) 348-2600

Also ask about "THE BAR CODE BOOK" written by Roger C. Palmer. An excellent
overall guide to barcodes.

Hope this helps !!

Bob Hubert                bobh@intermec.com
Intermec Corporation      uunet!pilchuck!intermec!bobh
Lynnwood, WA              uunet!fluke!intermec!bobh