[misc.wanted] VT100/ANSI Escape Sequences Needed

olson@bootsie.UUCP (Eric Olson) (02/13/90)

I am looking for a list of the VT100/VT102/ANSI escape sequences
for terminals.

I tried looking up the ANSI standard, but it was missing from the
library I was in.  I'm hoping someone has a list of these sequences
and what they do online and could send it to me.

I already have termcap entries for billions of variations on the
VT100 theme, so don't send me those!  But there are some things
VT100s do that termcap doesn't know about, and these are the ones
I'm interested in.

Obviously, I'm writing a terminal emulator.  Look for it soon on
a network near you!

Thanks in Advance!

-Eric

---
Please note!  olson@bootsie.uucp will not work!  Use an address below:

Eric K. Olson                 Internet:   olson@endor.harvard.edu
Lexington Software Design     Usenet:     harvard!endor!olson
72A Lowell St.                Applelink:  olson@endor.harvard.edu@dasnet#
Lexington, MA  02173          Compuserve: >INTERNET:olson@endor.harvard.edu
(617) 863-9624                Bitnet:     OLSON@HARVARD

jsimon@voodoo.ucsb.edu (02/15/90)

-Message-Text-Follows-

I have a "pocket guide" in front of me with all that information, plus extra
for the vt240 emulator.  It is the "Programmer Pocket Guide" in the
"VT 240 Series" put out by digital.  It's code number is "ET-VT240-HR-002"
if you want to phone digital and ask.

jhamill@sparta.UUCP (John Hamill) (02/22/90)

In article <3945@hub.UUCP> jsimon@voodoo.ucsb.edu writes:
>-Message-Text-Follows-
>
>I have a "pocket guide" in front of me with all that information, plus extra
>for the vt240 emulator.  It is the "Programmer Pocket Guide" in the
>"VT 240 Series" put out by digital.  It's code number is "ET-VT240-HR-002"
>if you want to phone digital and ask.

	Also, the CIT-101e user's manual is a good place to find escape
sequences. Not all of them will work on a dec terminal though, but I've
found most do.
								John