[misc.wanted] Wanted: Revised Standard Version of The Bible

dave@galaxia.Newport.RI.US (News Administrator) (07/11/90)

Does anyone know where I can get a copy of the Revised Standard Version of
The Bible for either FTP or UUCP access?  I have already managed to located
a copy of the King James Version but would really prefer Revised Standard.

David H. Brierley
Home: dave@galaxia.Newport.RI.US    {rayssd,xanth,att} !galaxia!dave
Work: dhb@quahog.ssd.ray.com        {uunet,sun,att,uiucdcs} !rayssd!dhb

jmoore@cidmac.ecn.purdue.edu (James D Moore) (07/11/90)

In article <984@galaxia.Newport.RI.US> dave@galaxia.Newport.RI.US (News Administrator) writes:
>Does anyone know where I can get a copy of the Revised Standard Version of
>The Bible for either FTP or UUCP access?  I have already managed to located
>a copy of the King James Version but would really prefer Revised Standard.
>
>Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.
>--
>David H. Brierley
>Home: dave@galaxia.Newport.RI.US    {rayssd,xanth,att} !galaxia!dave
>Work: dhb@quahog.ssd.ray.com        {uunet,sun,att,uiucdcs} !rayssd!dhb

I would be interested in finding an NIV (New International Version) somewhere.
Also where can I find the King James Version ?

Jim Moore

--
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-
James D. Moore				jmoore@cidmac.ecn.purdue.edu

art@maccs.dcss.mcmaster.ca (Art Mulder) (07/21/90)

In article <984@galaxia.Newport.RI.US> dave@galaxia.Newport.RI.US (News Administrator) writes:
>Does anyone know where I can get a copy of the Revised Standard Version of
>The Bible for either FTP or UUCP access?  I have already managed to located
>a copy of the King James Version but would really prefer Revised Standard.

The King James Version of the bible is totally 100% in the public domain.
I know that the NIV is copyrighted - and so I assume that the RSV is
copyrighted also. Therefore you can not get a Public Domain copy of it.

To purchase a copy of it in machine readable form I assume you'd have to
get in touch with the copyright holder.  (for NIV this is Zondervan,
According to the RSV in front of me, the copyrightholder for the RSV is
"Division of Christian Education of the National Council of the Churches of
Christ in the United States of America")

--
Art Mulder,                                      art@maccs.DCSS.mcmaster.ca