[net.music] new Replacements

wjnz@sphinx.UChicago.UUCP (James Cooper) (10/29/85)

Have any of you Replacement fans out there heard the new album?
It is called "Tim" I believe.  Are there any covers (of the musical
variety) on it?

--
   James Cooper               "Agent Double-O soul, baby..."

     ..!ihnp4!gargoyle!sphinx!wjnz

ebm@ingres.ARPA (Grady Toss) (10/31/85)

>Have any of you Replacement fans out there heard the new album?
>It is called "Tim" I believe.  Are there any covers (of the musical
>variety) on it?
>
>   James Cooper               "Agent Double-O soul, baby..."

[Sounds of gagging and spitting]

I heard it just the other day... and it sounds AWFUL.  If you listen
really hard you can hear a shred of the Replacements personality coming
through the oh-too-major-label-production.

It's hard to tell if the songs themselves are suspect... but the SOUND
of this record is a definite step into the grave.

If you really want Replacements doing cover versions get the cassette-only
release from Twin Tone (can't remember the name off hand)... it has an
entire side of covers.

... gt

kirsch@sjuvax.UUCP (P. Kirsch) (11/02/85)

In article <137@ingres.ARPA> ebm@ingres.UUCP (Grady Toss) writes:
>>Have any of you Replacement fans out there heard the new album?
>>It is called "Tim" I believe.  Are there any covers (of the musical
>>variety) on it?
>>
>>   James Cooper               "Agent Double-O soul, baby..."
>
>[Sounds of gagging and spitting]
>
>I heard it just the other day... and it sounds AWFUL.  If you listen
>really hard you can hear a shred of the Replacements personality coming
>through the oh-too-major-label-production.
>
>It's hard to tell if the songs themselves are suspect... but the SOUND
>of this record is a definite step into the grave.
>
>If you really want Replacements doing cover versions get the cassette-only
>release from Twin Tone (can't remember the name off hand)... it has an
>entire side of covers.
>
>... gt

I haven't listened to the New album enough--but, the live cassette is called
"When The shit hits the Fans".

--

Another wunnerful letter from the semi-intelligent rotting brain of:

                              Paul Kirsch
                              St. Joseph's University
                              Philadelphia, Pa

{ astrovax | allegra | bpa | burdvax } !sjuvax!kirsch

Warning: Objects in Terminal Room are Closer than they Appear...