[net.sf-lovers] Star Trek I/II - Extended Length ST I

@RUTGERS.ARPA:francini%cygnus.DEC@decwrl.ARPA (03/03/85)

From: francini%cygnus.DEC@decwrl.ARPA  (Rabbit, you're - you're despicable!!)

>Date: 1 Mar 1985 17:59:00-EST
>From: jcr@Mitre-Bedford
>Subject: Star Trek II on ABC....

>> The question that comes to this observer is: WHY did the NETWORKS
>> end up with this 'augmented' version?  Why didn't this end up in
>> the theaters? Or cable? Or videodisk/tape?
>>
>> The second one of course is when WILL it?
>>
>> John Francini, DEC Maynard

>     I too noticed some of this additional footage; not all that John
>reports, but at least one scene that he didn't mention: shortly after
>Kirk returns from the genesis cave, he and Spock are climbing through
>the Enterprise due to malfunctioning elevators. Kirk says to Spock,
>"That young man -- he's my son!" To which Spock replies with a
>sarcastic "Faaascinating." At least I didn't remember this from the
>theatrical release.

>     Surely everyone remembers when ST:TMP was first shown by ABC and
>was expanded quite a bit in order to fill out a three hour time slot.
>I liked this version of ST:TMP quite a bit better than the theatrical
>version; is this expanded version available on any medium?

>                                      ---  Jeff Rogers
>                                           jcr@Mitre-Bedford.ARPA

Well, if you want into any reasonably-complete video tape store, you should
be able to find the 'Extended-Length' version of ST:TMP available for sale
or rent.  In the Natick/Framingham area, two places that have it are Video
Plus on route 126 and Videosmith on Route 9.

[These locations are all in the greater Boston area, for all those
out-of-Mass. readers.]

John Francini

Francini%Cygnus.DEC@Decwrl.ARPA

Sun 3-Mar-1985 15:46 Eastern Maynard Time [we're in another world...]