[misc.wanted] wanted: U-20/110/220 Sound Effects PCM card

boy6@phoenix.uchicago.edu (Justin Boyan) (12/10/90)

I am looking to purchase the "Sound Effects" PCM card for my Roland U-20.
If you're looking to sell yours, please E-mail a reply.  Or, can anyone
recommend a good mail-order source?

-  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -
Justin Boyan                           Email: boy6@cs.uchicago.edu

-  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -
Justin Boyan                           Email: boy6@cs.uchicago.edu
5480 S. Ellis Ave. #2                  Phone: (312)-955-5834

smm1@twinkie.bellcore.com (Steven Michelson) (12/11/90)

In article <boy6.660786514@phoenix.uchicago.edu> boy6@phoenix.uchicago.edu (Justin Boyan) writes:

>I am looking to purchase the "Sound Effects" PCM card for my Roland U-20.
>If you're looking to sell yours, please E-mail a reply.  Or, can anyone
>recommend a good mail-order source?

I have found that many of the SN-U110 cards are difficult to find, even in
well-stocked music stores. I was looking for an SN-U110-02 for a couple of
months, and finally found one in an unlikely place: a music store that was
trying to get out of the keyboard business, and just happened to have one
lying around. He sold it to me for dealer cost ($45). I believed him because
when I went to charge it, he cringed and said he'd have to charge an extra
$1.35 to make up for the charge from Visa. I think list price is somewhere
around $80.

Anyway, to get back on the subject. I asked a music dealer why the cards
were so difficult to find, and he said that Roland has greatly reduced
their production of the cards, apparently in anticipation of the current
economic slow-down (I carefully avoided using the "r" word).

Good luck finding what you're after.

Steve Michelson