[net.sf-lovers] V: What happened to the summaries?

@RUTGERS.ARPA:lkaufman@bbnccm.arpa (02/28/85)

From: Larry Kaufman <lkaufman@BBNCCM.ARPA>

The note from Jackie <Burhans%ECLD@ECLA> on V in V10#75 reminded me of
something that happened when V series was first being shown.  Someone had
volunteered to summarize the episodes for us.  However, I haven't seen any
summaries in a long time.  Not having a television and therefore being unable
to check for myself, I'd like to know:

Is it really that bad or did the person doing the summaries find other things to
do with his time?

--- Larry Kaufman
    lkaufman@bbn-unix.arpa
    {decvax,ihnp4}!bbncca!ljk

@RUTGERS.ARPA:goun%cadlac.DEC@decwrl.ARPA (03/04/85)

From: goun%cadlac.DEC@decwrl.ARPA  (Roger H. Goun)

I'm the person who volunteered to do the summaries.  This was clearly a
mistake on my part.

> Is it really that bad or did the person doing the summaries find
> other things to do with his time?

Yes, it's really that bad!  I managed to watch the whole first episode and
report on it, but halfway through the second I decided that the risk of mind
rot was just too great.

"V" does for science fiction what "The Dukes of Hazzard" does for rural
sociology.  (That would make a fine closing comment! :-)

					  -  o
					 - -/-->
					-  @~\_

					Roger

ARPA:    goun%cadlac.DEC@decwrl.ARPA
UUCP:    {allegra, decvax, ihnp4, ucbvax}!decwrl!dec-rhea!dec-cadlac!goun
USPS:    Digital Equipment Corp., APO-1/B4
         100 Minuteman Road; Andover, MA 01810-1098
Tel:     (617) 689-1675