[net.sf-lovers] AGAINST THE FALL OF NIGHT/CITY AND THE STARS

@RUTGERS.ARPA:boyajian%akov68.DEC@decwrl.ARPA (03/05/85)

From: boyajian%akov68.DEC@decwrl.ARPA

> From: maxson%vaxwrk.DEC@decwrl.ARPA	(Mark Maxson)

> #1 is actually two books (same book, different edition) by Arthur
> Clarke: "Against the Fall of Night" (circa 1957), or "The City and
> the Stars" (circa 1961).
>
> He rewrote the story while on a cruise ship to fight off boredom, but
> in all honesty, I think the original was better. Not sure about the
> dates - where is Jayembee when you need him?!
>
> "Bibliography is none of my business..."

ZZZZZZZZZZZ...... Huh? What? Oh, ah, right here, Max. Lessee, AGAINST THE
FALL OF NIGHT was written in 1937, published in STARTLING STORIES, November
1938 and in book form by Gnome Press in 1953, with numerous paperback
editions. THE CITY AND THE STARS was published in 1956 by Harcourt, Brace,
followed again by numerous paperback editions. What's bizarre is that both
versions continue to stay in print as separate books.

--- jayembee (Jerry Boyajian, DEC, Maynard, MA)

UUCP:	{decvax|ihnp4|allegra|ucbvax|...}
	!decwrl!dec-rhea!dec-akov68!boyajian
ARPA:	boyajian%akov68.DEC@DECWRL.ARPA

<"Bibliography is my business">