[net.sf-lovers] THE PEOPLE

@RUTGERS.ARPA:boyajian%akov68.DEC@decwrl.ARPA (03/06/85)

From: boyajian%akov68.DEC@decwrl.ARPA

> From: jcr@Mitre-Bedford	(Jeff Rogers)

>      Does anyone remember a made for TV movie that was adapted from
> Zenna Henderson's PILGRIMAGE and entitled, succinctly, "The People"?
>
>      I saw this movie when I was quite young, must have been
> gradeschool or junior high, and I remember it as being wonderful. Yet
> it's been so long, I'm wondering whether I've got it correct. Was it
> really based on PILGRIMAGE or were there just similarities? I also
> can't remember a single actor in it. Thanks for any help.

You're not imagining things. THE PEOPLE was a made-for-tv movie, shown
on ABC back in 1971. The screenplay was by James M. Miller, and it was
indeed based on Zenna Henderson's PILGRIMAGE: THE BOOK OF THE PEOPLE.
The director was John Korty, and the executive producer was, believe
it or not, Francis Ford Coppola. I'm surprised that you don't remember
any of the cast, considering that the star of the movie was William
Shatner. Two other "name" actors in the cast were Dan O'Herlihy and
Kim Darby.

--- jayembee (Jerry Boyajian, DEC, Maynard, MA)

UUCP:	{decvax|ihnp4|allegra|ucbvax|...}!decwrl!dec-rhea!dec-akov68!boyajian
ARPA:	boyajian%akov68.DEC@DECWRL.ARPA

<"Filmography is my pastime">

ecl@ahutb.UUCP (e.leeper) (03/07/85)

REFERENCES:  <888@topaz.ARPA>

> --- jayembee (Jerry Boyajian, DEC, Maynard, MA)
>
> UUCP:	{decvax|ihnp4|allegra|ucbvax|...}!decwrl!dec-rhea!dec-akov68!boyajian
> ARPA:	boyajian%akov68.DEC@DECWRL.ARPA
>
> <"Filmography is my pastime">

It's not enough that he claims "Bibliography is <his> business," now he wants
filmography as his pastime!  As a charter member of the Mark Leeper
("...ihnp4!ahutb!leeper and proud of it!") Fan Club, I must protest!  :-)

(And Lisa, we *are* two different people--well, one-and-a-half, at least.)

					Evelyn C. Leeper
Note temporary kluge for new address =>	...{ihnp4, houxm, hocsj}!ahuta!ahutb!ecl