[misc.wanted] Help wanted: How to connect a parallel port to a serial port?

chin@mars.njit.edu (chirn) (03/30/91)

I have the following equipments:

  (1) A Zenith Z-29-A terminal:
      . It has two RS-232C ports, (one male and one female).
      . It can fully compatible to VT100.
      . I use it to connect to the UNIX system in my school via a modem.

  (2) A daisy wheel printer:
      . It has one parallel port

I try to connect them such that I can "dump" the screen to my printer.
(I use the VT100 print screen command: ESC#7). But I was fail. Is there
anyone know how to connect a parallel port to a serial port? Or, should
I need another "converter" between them? Or I will never success until I
buy a serial printer?

chin@mars.njit.edu

aragorn@csd4.csd.uwm.edu (Steve J White) (04/01/91)

In article <1991Mar30.071642.15814@njitgw.njit.edu> chin@mars.njit.edu (chirn) writes:

>I try to connect them such that I can "dump" the screen to my printer.
>(I use the VT100 print screen command: ESC#7). But I was fail. Is there
>anyone know how to connect a parallel port to a serial port? Or, should
>I need another "converter" between them? Or I will never success until I
>buy a serial printer?

There are devices available that can convert serial dat to pparallel data
iin either direction.  Their cost varies but I can get some specifics for
you if  you need them.

- steve

--
This .signature is under construction.  Please disregard any disclaimers
posted here by the management...

		<<<	aragorn@csd4.csd.uwm.edu     >>>