[net.sf-lovers] STAR TREK II

jqw (06/04/82)

    I have just seen "Star Trek II - The Revenge of Kahn." I liked it, but I
can't help but agree with the review in Newsweek. They called it "On Golden
Galaxy." If you liked the TV show, you'll (probably) like ST II.

    I overheard the theater manager saying that all prints of Bladerunner have
been recalled and the film is being re-edited. Does anybody know anything more?

boyajian@akov68.DEC (03/06/85)

> From:	mit-eddie!barry	(Mikki)

> Now, where can I get ST II with the additional scenes that were run on
> ABC.  Contrary to popular myth, they are NOT on the general release video-
> tape.

(1) The only place you can get STII on videotape with the extra footage
is from someone who taped the broadcast. Cripes, it was only on the other
week! Give it some time and maybe Paramount will release the expanded
version on tape.

(2) The popular myth is not that the STII commercial videotape has the
extra footage. The popular truth is that the commercial videotape of
the *first* Trek movie has the extra footage that was added to it for
its tv broadcast.

--- jayembee (Jerry Boyajian, DEC, Maynard, MA)

UUCP:	{decvax|ihnp4|allegra|ucbvax|...}
	!decwrl!dec-rhea!dec-akov68!boyajian
ARPA:	boyajian%akov68.DEC@DECWRL.ARPA

<"Filmography is my pastime">

barry@mit-eddie.UUCP (Mikki Barry) (03/08/85)

Sorry for being impatient about getting hold of STII with the extra footage.

The myth I was referring to was a previous posting to the net stating that
the extra footage was on the commercial release videotape.  Having said
tape, I can tell you the footage is not there.  I just thought that if
people were under the impression that the extra footage was indeed on a
tape somewhere, that they would know where I could get it.

Holding my breath,
Mikki