[mod.religion.christian] Two prayer requests

ptl@fluke.UUCP (12/07/86)

Hi,							11/4/86

Two requests for prayer -

A woman who works in the same place my wife does recently lost her
husband in an accident.  They were a young couple, he did not have life
insurance, and she is expecting.  Please pray for her emotional and
financial well being, and the well being of her baby.  If anyone is
up for helping them finacially, contact me and I'll try to get
you a direct address to send to.  Do *not* send anything to me.

My little 9 month old burned his left hand on a hot oven door the other day.
Please pray for a quick healing, free of infection.

Thanks for your love and support.

God Bless,

Mike Andrews

credmond@watmath.UUCP (Chris Redmond) (12/09/86)

In article <7559@topaz.RUTGERS.EDU> ptl@fluke.UUCP writes:

>A woman who works in the same place my wife does recently lost her
>husband in an accident.  They were a young couple, he did not have life
>insurance, and she is expecting.  Please pray for her emotional and
>financial well being, and the well being of her baby.  If anyone is
>up for helping them finacially, contact me and I'll try to get
>you a direct address to send to.  Do *not* send anything to me.

Along with those prayers, let us pray (and work, which is a highly
powerful form of prayer) for a society in which social benefits -- such
as insurance, or the equivalent, for pregnant widows -- are routinely
provided, as a very effective way of loving all our neighbours.

christian@topaz.UUCP (12/12/86)

>Along with those prayers, let us pray (and work, which is a highly
>powerful form of prayer) for a society in which social benefits -- such
>as insurance, or the equivalent, for pregnant widows -- are routinely
>provided, as a very effective way of loving all our neighbours.

I agree with such a desire (more benevolent government services).  I would,
however, remind us all that it is biblical (and possibly even *more*
desirable) that individuals in our society take such responsibilities
upon themselves (starting with you and I) so that we don't *have* to
rely on our government for such thing.  It is well known that when a
government starts out trying to do such things, it can sometimes go
sour.  Much better that a trend be set towards individuals caring for
other individuals.
---
|     Mark Steven Jeghers         ECHOMPGULP - process has eaten it          |
| cryptography, terrorist, DES, drugs, cipher, secret, decode, NSA, CIA, NRO |
|     {ihnp4,cbosgd,lll-lcc,lll-crg}|{dual,ptsfa}!cogent!mark                |
| Cogent Software Solutions can not be held responsible for anything said    |
| by the above person since they have no control over him in the first place |