[soc.women] Double standards!

rb@cci632.UUCP (Rex Ballard) (10/06/86)

In article <1077@sunybcs.UUCP> ugeileen@gort.UUCP (Eileen McGowan) writes:
>In article <426@cci632.UUCP> rb@ccird1.UUCP (Rex Ballard) writes:
>>Ever notice that female full frontal nudity is rated "R" in films
>>while male full frontal nudity is rated "X"?
>>
>>Compare "Bachelor Party", or even "Stepford Wives".
>>
>>In "Cool Hand Luke", and "Deliverance", scenes depicting male
>>genitals had to be restaged to get past the ratings boards.
>
>  I like these men to walk around, for one day, each wearing a pair
>  of tight leotards....:-)

What would you do if they did?

Another problem of double standards.  Many men consider physical
appearance to be so much less important than other factors (money,
power, influence), that if they DID wear tight leotards, it probably
would not be an arousing sight.

These same men who would look like elephants in tight leotards
however, expect their women to be perfectly proportioned :-(

The men who do look good in leotards, are neither respected enough
by men, nor attractive enough to women, to merit the effort.

A man, no matter how physically/sexually attractive, will usually
have to initiate the relationship, and pay the bills as well.

I USED to look good in a leotard :-).
(I just started my diet today, thanks for the reinforcement :-).
Rex B.

ronc@fai.UUCP (Ronald O. Christian) (10/08/86)

In article <463@cci632.UUCP> rb@ccird2.UUCP (Rex Ballard) writes:

>A man, no matter how physically/sexually attractive, will usually
>have to initiate the relationship, and pay the bills as well.

Yep, which means working harder/longer, which means less time to
work on that Charles Atlas body.  What a rat race.

			Ron
		Ronald O. Christian (Fujitsu America Inc., San Jose, Calif.)
		seismo!amdahl!fai!ronc  -or-   ihnp4!pesnta!fai!ronc

Oliver's law of assumed responsibility:
	"If you are seen fixing it, you will be blamed for breaking it."