[soc.women] post-coital sexual gratification.

jeannie@randvax.UUCP (Jean Thomas) (09/15/86)

In article <20719@rochester.ARPA> ray@rochester.ARPA (Ray Frank) writes:
>In article <1113@tekig5.UUCP>, david@tekig5.UUCP (David Hayes) writes:
>
>> What is the old saying, "Show me a man that doesn't eat his woman, and I'll
>> show you a woman that can be stolen from that man"
>> dave
>
>Yea, all find and dandy.  Except for one thing, most men would not want to
>clean'em out after they've climaxed in them.  This is what I meant by my
>posting.

Ray, I'll never understand where (how?) you get off thinking you speak
for "most men."  About anything.  I'll omit my personal reaction to the
offensive tone of this (and most of your) posting.
--
                      * Choices, always choices *

abs@nbc1.UUCP (Andrew Siegel) (09/16/86)

> Question:  Where did oral sex come from?
>
> This may seem like a stupid or naive qustion, but until I was a senior
> in high school, I didn't know it even really existed.  It is something
> I would never have thought of doing had I not seen that rather
> sexually explicit filmstrip my senior year, and it is something I
> still have no desire to partake in.
>
> Who ever thought of doing it?  It never seemed logical to me
> why anyone would want to put their mouth on or near where their
> partner urinates, or why anyone would ever think of wanting their
> partner to do so.
>
> --Lynn

Because...

			It feels so *good*!!!
--
Andrew Siegel, N2CN		NBC Computer Imaging, New York, NY
philabs!nbc1!abs		(212)664-5776

ttorgers@isis.UUCP (Troy Torgerson) (09/16/86)

In article <900@sunybcs.UUCP> ugeileen@sunybcs.UUCP (Eileen McGowan) writes:
>>in article <2103@mtgzz.UUCP> Beth Eades writes:
>>>I have news for you Ray, alot of us women don't get off on that "yuck 'stuff'"
>>>but there's alot more pressure for women to be willing to "go down on" men.
>>
>	Yeah, there's alot more pressure for women to be willing to *do for
>  men* period.
>
>                                                                Eileen

Do I sense a little hostility here?  Maybe you should listen to all the
women that have said that they had some bad experiences, and they found
someone who didn't pressure them, and took the time to make things feel
right.  Having the right partner maks all the difference in the world!
I prefer slow, passionate lovemaking (yes, there are times to go fast, but
not the entire time!) and that doesn't happen unless both partners
are comfortable with each other as well as what they are doing. . .I know this
has been said before, but talking to each other (before, during, and after)
is the best way to find out what makes your partner happy and unhappy,
and you just might discover something about yourself in the process!!

--
			Troy Torgerson

Email (UUCP only):
{hplabs, seismo}!hao!{isis, udenva}!ttorgers
or {boulder, cires, ucbvax!nbires, cisden}!{isis, udenva}!ttorgers

Shoot low, they may be crawling. . .

tron@fluke.UUCP (Peter Barbee) (09/16/86)

In article <20719@rochester.ARPA> ray@rochester.ARPA (Ray Frank) writes:
>In article <1113@tekig5.UUCP>, david@tekig5.UUCP (David Hayes) writes:
>
>> What is the old saying, "Show me a man that doesn't eat his woman, and I'll
>> show you a woman that can be stolen from that man"
>> dave
>
>Yea, all find and dandy.  Except for one thing, most men would not want to
>clean'em out after they've climaxed in them.  This is what I meant by my
>posting.
>
>ray

Ray, please don't use the phrase "most men" when discussing your own personal
hang-ups.  You realy don't know what "most men" do or don't like.  I know that
I disagree with virtually everything you say, o matter what the subject.  I
know that several of my friends also point and giggle at your postings.  But
there are some people that agree with you so I figure I don't know what "most
men" do or don't like either.

Peter B

eric@batcomputer.TN.CORNELL.EDU (Eric Fielding) (09/18/86)

In article <5927@lll-crg.ARpA> figmo@lll-crg.UUCP (Lynn Gold) writes:
>Question:  Where did oral sex come from?
>Who ever thought of doing it?  It never seemed logical to me
>why anyone would want to put their mouth on or near where their
>partner urinates, or why anyone would ever think of wanting their
>partner to do so.
>--Lynn

The health guide that they gave out to the freshpeople at my college had
a now famous rule-of-thumb for women: Never put anything into your vagina
that you would not want to put into your mouth. ;-)  I swear this was
actually printed and distributed one year.  I still have a copy someplace.

				++Eric
DARPA Internet:

eric@tcgould.tn.cornell.edu

nazgul@apollo.uucp (Kee Hinckley) (09/19/86)

In article <20719@rochester.ARPA> ray@rochester.UUCP writes:
> Yea, all find and dandy.  Except for one thing, most men would not want to
> clean'em out after they've climaxed in them.  This is what I meant by my
> posting.

We know what you meant by your posting.  It was the *most* that brought
the objections.  How many men have you asked about it?  Would you like
to make it the subject of YAN.SS?  (Rhetorical question, don't bother.)

                                                   -kee

--

            ...{mit-eddie,yale,uw-beaver,decvax!wanginst}!apollo!nazgul
               Apollo Computer, Chelmsford MA.  (617) 256-6600 x7587

I'm not sure which upsets me more; that people are so unwilling to accept
everyone else's.

pmd@cbdkc1.UUCP (Paul M. Dubuc) (09/22/86)

In article <1602@vax1.fluke.UUCP> tron@vax1.UUCP (Peter Barbee) writes:
>In article <20719@rochester.ARPA> ray@rochester.ARPA (Ray Frank) writes:
>>In article <1113@tekig5.UUCP>, david@tekig5.UUCP (David Hayes) writes:
>>
>>> What is the old saying, "Show me a man that doesn't eat his woman, and I'll
>>> show you a woman that can be stolen from that man"
>>> dave
>>
>>Yea, all find and dandy.  Except for one thing, most men would not want to
>>ray
>
>Ray, please don't use the phrase "most men" when discussing your own personal
>hang-ups. ...
>Peter B

Well, men, in all this argument and complaint about what "most men" want
or not, I hope somebody noticed what an incredibly asinine statement
Dave's quote is with regard to whe "most women" want.  At least, it's my
impression that "most women" aren't so one dimensional in their love
relationships that they can be stolen away by the man who gives her the
best time in bed.  Not only that, it assumes women are into comparison
shopping with sex as the primary basis (as if an individual's "performance"
were a static quality).  Let's hear it from the women.  (Let's hear it from
"most women", if possible.  We wan't an authoritative statement here :-).
--

Paul Dubuc	cbdkc1!pmd

rb@cci632.UUCP (Rex Ballard) (09/22/86)

In article <167@nbc1.UUCP> abs@nbc1.UUCP (Andrew Siegel) writes:

>> Question:  Where did oral sex come from?
>>
>> Who ever thought of doing it?  It never seemed logical to me
>> why anyone would want to put their mouth on or near where their
>> partner urinates, or why anyone would ever think of wanting their
>> partner to do so.
>>
>> --Lynn

I won't try to venture into the origins, it is probably as old as
the oldest profession.

People are often introduced to oral sex as an alternative to genital
sex.  Desire to retain virginity, pregnancy, vaginitis, and other
circumstances where "missionary sex" would be less desirable than
alternatives occur several times during a person's lifetime.

Often, oral sex is possible in situations where missionary sex is not.
It is possible to engage in oral sex almost anywhere.  Movie theaters,
moving cars, restaurants, beaches, and other "adventerous" locations
can be impractical for "regular" sex, but might be perfect for the
descrete oral adventure.

A person might enjoy recieving oral sex, even prefer it, because
the mouth is so much more versitile than gentelia.  A mouth is cabable
of reaching certain areas which are not normally as well stimulated in
other ways.  The clitoris for women, and the head/joint area for men are
extremely sensitive, and when stimulated properly can be quite exciting.

Often people enjoy giving oral sex because of the feeling of power and
control they have in the situation.  While their partner is losing all
control, they are leisurely enjoying the mischievious act of prolonging
the act.

As to the hygene aspects, both partners should be aware of basic hygene.
Oral sex with a partner who has not bathed prior to the act can be very
unpleasant.  Douching for women is also reccomended, especially if she
has had sex recently.  Sperm tends to "ripen" for several days and can
give a very strong unpleasant odor if not "flushed out".

As for the concern about urine, if a man has bathed, and has not "taken
a leak" before he gets an erection, it is quite difficult for him to
urinate.  It is nearly impossible to urinate while he has an erection.
The prostate is a little valve which allows either semen or urine pass,
but not both.  Some older men have a disorder in which the prostate
will prevent urination even when they do not have an erection.  The
exception to this would when a man deliberately drinks a large amount
of fluid (usually alcoholic beverages such as beer).  There are people
who find this (urinating while erect or sexually stimulated) quite
stimulating (I'm not one of them, but they do exist).

Oral sex isn't for everybody.  Not all men enjoy it, not all women enjoy
it.  Many people have other preferences, some of which might make oral
sex seem tame.  It is a good idea to discuss a potential partner's
preferences before you get involved in a long term sexual relationship.

Based on the information given, it sounds like a little reading might
be in order.  There are several books, by competent professionals
which can give much more information on not only this, but several
other aspects and variations of sex.  Ignorance can be quite dangerous.
If your perspective partner says "I'm into active B&D and S&M", you
should know what he's talking about.

You may find that although you feel that giving oral sex is not your
cup of tea, recieving can be pleasant.  It may be that "takeing turns"
would be appropriate.

What are your current preferences?  Some men and women find vibrators,
interesting clothes, and/or restraint very stimulating.  Some men are even
aroused by fear or pain (again, not me, but some).  This may be a result
of seeing too many horror films at the drive-in movies :-).

tjc@hrcca.UUCP (Thomas J. Chapin) (09/26/86)

> 	I hope somebody noticed what an incredibly asinine statement
> Dave's quote is with regard to whe "most women" want.  At least, it's my
> impression that "most women" aren't so one dimensional in their love
> relationships that they can be stolen away by the man who gives her the
> best time in bed.
>
> Paul Dubuc	cbdkc1!pmd

Dave is suggesting that "most women" will prefer someone who tries to
get past his own hangups and fears and do whatever is necessary to
please her over someone who only concerns himself with his own pleasure.

I would be sorely disappointed if such caring and consideration are
considered asinine.

--
~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Tom Chapin  @  AT&T-RM, Hickory Ridge Conference Centre, Lisle, IL

		       Sitting quietly, doing nothing,
		Spring comes, and the grass grows by itself.

pmd@cbdkc1.UUCP (Paul M. Dubuc) (09/26/86)

In article <194@hrcca.UUCP> tjc@hrcca.UUCP (Thomas J. Chapin) writes:

>> 	I hope somebody noticed what an incredibly asinine statement
>> Dave's quote is with regard to whe "most women" want.  At least, it's my
>> impression that "most women" aren't so one dimensional in their love
>> relationships that they can be stolen away by the man who gives her the
>> best time in bed.
>>
>> Paul Dubuc	cbdkc1!pmd
>
>Dave is suggesting that "most women" will prefer someone who tries to
>get past his own hangups and fears and do whatever is necessary to
>please her over someone who only concerns himself with his own pleasure.
>
>I would be sorely disappointed if such caring and consideration are
>considered asinine.

What Dave may have been suggesting could very well be a caring attitude.
What the saying he quotes *says* is still asinine, in my opinion.  I *was*
trying to separate what Dave (I have no opinion there) believes with what
his "saying" says.  I'm sorry if this wasn't clear.
--

Paul Dubuc	cbdkc1!pmd

wfi@rti-sel.UUCP (William Ingogly) (09/26/86)

In article <5927@lll-crg.ARpA> figmo@lll-crg.UUCP (Lynn Gold) writes:

>Who ever thought of doing it?  It never seemed logical to me
>why anyone would want to put their mouth on or near where their
>partner urinates, or why anyone would ever think of wanting their
>partner to do so.

It depends on whether or not you view urine as a dirty and repulsive
substance, I suppose. I don't; it's just a fact of life, something we
all produce. Mine is no different than yours. And if you care about
someone, nothing about that person's body is disgusting to you.

                            -- Cheers, Bill Ingogly

jc@cdx39.UUCP (John Chambers) (09/29/86)

> >> Question:  Where did oral sex come from?
> >>
> >> Who ever thought of doing it?

Well, you must have never lived on a farm or visited a zoo,
or even had a dog, if you have to ask.  Or maybe you were
too inhibited to notice what those animals were up to.

Oral-genital contact is normal in almost all species of
animal; it is pretty much just humans that find something
offensive about the idea.

But then, humans are about the only critters that find
their own natural scent unpalatable, or that think that
insects are inedible, or....

It's interesting that these do seem to be culturally
nearly universal among humans, implying that there is
a genetic basis for them.  Even someone as scientifically
unbiased as I am (:-) still feels unattracted to the
idea of munching on a nice, fat fly.  I wonder why?

By the way, you might be careful about what you admit
over the net.  The Supreme Court just held that it was
legal for states to outlaw certain private, harmless
sexual acts between consenting adults.  What you broadcast
to the whole world over this network could be archived
somewhere, and used against you in court someday.  If
you don't believe there are people here who'd do things
like that, you are naive, (and you need to read a lot
more of talk.* :-)

--
	John M Chambers
Phone: 617/364-2000x7304

nazgul@apollo.uucp (Kee Hinckley) (09/30/86)

In article <388@cci632.UUCP> rb@ccird1.UUCP (Rex Ballard) writes:
> People are often introduced to oral sex as an alternative to genital
> sex.  Desire to retain virginity, pregnancy, vaginitis, and other
Gee, I never knew anyone who wanted to *retain* vaginitis. :-)

> There are people
> who find this (urinating while erect or sexually stimulated) quite
> stimulating (I'm not one of them, but they do exist).
Ouch.
                                               -kee
--

rob@dadla.tek.com (Rob Vetter;1044;92-725;LP=A;60YB) (10/01/86)

In article <1599@cbdkc1.UUCP> pmd@dkc1.UUCP (Paul M. Dubuc) writes:

>>> Dave's quote is with regard to whe "most women" want.
>>
>>Dave is suggesting that ...
>
>What Dave may have been suggesting ...

	Dave ???

Rob Vetter
(503) 629-1044
[ihnp4, ucbvax, decvax, uw-beaver]!tektronix!dadla!rob

ronc@fai.UUCP (Ronald O. Christian) (10/03/86)

>In article <388@cci632.UUCP> rb@ccird1.UUCP (Rex Ballard) writes:
> There are people
> who find this (urinating while erect or sexually stimulated) quite
> stimulating (I'm not one of them, but they do exist).

I don't see how this is even possible.  Any guy who is presented
with the intolerable condition of 'morning stiffness' combined
with a full bladder knows that it's umm... should I rotate this?
You have to wait for the swelling to go down before...

Ah, never mind.

			Ron
		Ronald O. Christian (Fujitsu America Inc., San Jose, Calif.)
		seismo!amdahl!fai!ronc  -or-   ihnp4!pesnta!fai!ronc

Oliver's law of assumed responsibility:
	"If you are seen fixing it, you will be blamed for breaking it."

figmo@lll-crg.ARpA (Lynn Gold) (10/06/86)

In article <1010@rti-sel.UUCP> wfi@rti-sel.UUCP (William Ingogly) writes:
>It depends on whether or not you view urine as a dirty and repulsive
>substance, I suppose. I don't; it's just a fact of life, something we
>all produce. Mine is no different than yours. And if you care about
>someone, nothing about that person's body is disgusting to you.
>
>                            -- Cheers, Bill Ingogly

Is that what you always say when you toast to a cup of your favorite
person's wee-wee?  :-)

Seriously, I disagree with your last statement.  I know *I* reserve
the right to dislike things about other people's bodies that I don't
like about mine, such as B.O., excrement, and occasional halitosis.

--Lynn
--
UUCP: ...lll-crg!figmo
ARPA: Lynn%PANDA@SUMEX-AIM

* Any resemblance between my postings and any person, living or dead, *
* is purely coincidental.  Besides, I'm only a guest user here...     *

artm@phred.UUCP (Art Marriott) (10/08/86)

In article <403@fai.UUCP> ronc@fai.UUCP (Ronald O. Christian) writes:

>I don't see how this is even possible.  Any guy who is presented
>with the intolerable condition of 'morning stiffness' combined
>with a full bladder knows that it's umm... should I rotate this?
>You have to wait for the swelling to go down before...
>
>Ah, never mind.

Not to suggest we all start expirimenting with this, but isn't it
really due to the fact that most toilets aren't mounted on the ceiling?

                                              Art Marriott

Disclainer, hell, I don't even want to SIGN this!