[net.sf-lovers] Yet another question....

@RUTGERS.ARPA:QUINT@RU-BLUE.ARPA (03/08/85)

From: Anne Marie Quint {/amqueue} <quint@RU-BLUE.ARPA>

Can anyone identify the titles or author of a series of children's books
about three siblings, two male and one female, of whom the older boy
is named Malcolm, and the younger, Theodore, is known as "The Toad".
The kids have a dowager mentor, Mrs. Dextrose-Chesapeake, and a male
tortoise-shell cat, coveted by Mrs. D-C due to its genetic impossibility.
The Toad engages in such unsavory activities as writing semi-obscene filks
to "Good King Wenceslaus" and practicing home voodoo with a kit ordered
through a comic book ad (the kit works).

have fun
/amqueue
-------

@RUTGERS.ARPA:faiman%eiffel.DEC@decwrl.ARPA (03/11/85)

From: faiman%eiffel.DEC@decwrl.ARPA  (Neil Faiman ~ ZKO2-3/N30 ~ 381-2017)

> Can anyone identify the titles or author of a series of children's
> books about three siblings, two male and one female, of whom the
> older boy is named Malcolm, and the younger, Theodore, is known as
> "The Toad".  The kids have a dowager mentor, Mrs. Dextrose-Chesapeake,

The book with the mail-order voodoo kit is _Mrs._Coverlet's_Magicians_
(I have no idea who the author was).  I loved it, about 20 years ago,
but never found the earlier book (the one about the cat).

	-Neil Faiman

ARPA	FAIMAN%ELUDOM.DEC@DECWRL.ARPA
Usenet	{decvax|allegra}!decwrl!dec-rhea!dec-eludom!faiman