[soc.women] No need to Douche!

larrabee@decwrl.DEC.COM (Tracy Larrabee) (09/25/86)

In article <388@cci632.UUCP> rb@ccird1.UUCP (Rex Ballard) writes:
>As to the hygene aspects, both partners should be aware of basic hygene.
>Oral sex with a partner who has not bathed prior to the act can be very
>unpleasant.  Douching for women is also recommended, especially if she
>has had sex recently.  Sperm tends to "ripen" for several days and can
>give a very strong unpleasant odor if not "flushed out".

Do not tell women fairy tales like that!

The vagina is a self cleaning organ.  It flushes itself very nicely.

Except when specifically recommended by a Doctor, douching, and especially
frequent douching, is considered harmful to a woman's internal
equilibrium.  Douching can cause more infections and irritations than I
even want to think about.  Douching during menstrual flow can actually be
life-threatening.

Women who want to wash their external genitalia may do that all they wish,
but even here excessive zeal often leads to itching and irritation (as a
reaction to soaps and perfumes).  Besides, oral sex involves contact with
the vulva--not inspection of the cervix.

Doctors tell us this, women's publications tell us this (even fly-brained
mostly worthless ones like Cosmopolitan), and our sensible friends tell
us this.

We have enough problems trying to battle Madison avenue with its ditsy
adds for Pristine and Summer's Eve and any number of other potentially
harmful products--don't add to the misinformation.
--
Tracy Larrabee	tracy@sushi.stanford.edu	decwrl!larrabee

Lovestomper's Textbook:
	Forbidden conversation topics in bed: local elections, septic
	tanks, chores, your partner's shortcomings.

	"Did anyone ever tell you you grunt amusingly when you make love?"

						-Matt Groening-
						-Love is Hell-

rb@cci632.UUCP (Rex Ballard) (09/27/86)

In article <5538@decwrl.DEC.COM> larrabee@decwrl.UUCP (Tracy Larrabee) writes:
>In article <388@cci632.UUCP> rb@ccird1.UUCP (Rex Ballard) writes:
>>Douching for women is also recommended, especially if she
>>has had sex recently.  Sperm tends to "ripen" for several days and can
>>give a very strong unpleasant odor if not "flushed out".
>>

>Do not tell women fairy tales like that!
>
>The vagina is a self cleaning organ.  It flushes itself very nicely.

True, sperm only ripens for about 24-48 hours.  I forgot that I was only
confronted with this problem when a prior parnter enjoyed daily sex and
a little oral.  My current parnter has other interests.

>Except when specifically recommended by a Doctor, douching, and especially
>frequent douching, is considered harmful to a woman's internal
>equilibrium.

As doc what is safe.  Actually a better solution, if you like both on a
daily basis, is to use condoms, or alternate methods.

>Tracy Larrabee	tracy@sushi.stanford.edu	decwrl!larrabee

Thanks for the correction.

tiemann@mcc-pp.UUCP (Michael Tiemann) (09/28/86)

In article <5538@decwrl.DEC.COM>, larrabee@decwrl.DEC.COM (Tracy Larrabee) writes:
> In article <388@cci632.UUCP> rb@ccird1.UUCP (Rex Ballard) writes:
> >As to the hygene aspects, both partners should be aware of basic hygene.
> >Oral sex with a partner who has not bathed prior to the act can be very
> >unpleasant.  Douching for women is also recommended, especially if she
> >has had sex recently.  Sperm tends to "ripen" for several days and can
> >give a very strong unpleasant odor if not "flushed out".
> >

> Do not tell women fairy tales like that!

I agree! Besides, what a waste! If you do it right, there's never
any left...

"Bottom's up!"
	-- Old English Proverb

Michael

nazgul@apollo.uucp (Kee Hinckley) (09/30/86)

In article <419@cci632.UUCP> rb@ccird1.UUCP (Rex Ballard) writes:
[discussion of douching and combining oral/non-oral sex]
> Actually a better solution, if you like both on a
> daily basis, is to use condoms, or alternate methods.

There aren't any absolutes.  We've brought the discussion in a full
circle back to Ray's contention that real men don't go down on spermy
vaginas.  Real people do what ever real people enjoy.  If you don't
like it then I suppose a condom is a reasonable alternative.  Personally
I much prefer the taste of sperm to the taste of condom.

                                                 -kee
--

            ...{mit-eddie,yale,uw-beaver,decvax!wanginst}!apollo!nazgul
               Apollo Computer, Chelmsford MA.  (617) 256-6600 x7587

I'm not sure which upsets me more; that people are so unwilling to accept
everyone else's.

rissa@chinet.UUCP (Garret and Trish) (10/02/86)

In article <419@cci632.UUCP> rb@ccird1.UUCP (Rex Ballard) writes:

>True, sperm only ripens for about 24-48 hours.  I forgot that I was only
>confronted with this problem when a prior parnter enjoyed daily sex and
>a little oral.  My current parnter has other interests.

I'm not surprised.

Trisha (get that thing away from me) O Tuama

rb@cci632.UUCP (Rex Ballard) (10/08/86)

In article <588@chinet.UUCP> rissa@chinet.UUCP (Garret and Trish) writes:
>In article <419@cci632.UUCP> rb@ccird1.UUCP (Rex Ballard) writes:
>
>>True, sperm only ripens for about 24-48 hours.  I forgot that I was only
>>confronted with this problem when a prior partner enjoyed daily sex and
>>daily oral [cunnilingus].
>>My current parnter has other interests.

>I'm not surprised.
>Trisha (get that thing away from me) O Tuama

Actually, the biggest problem currently, is that after I go down,
she doesn't want to be kissed.  I like to do it, and she enjoys
it while I'm down there, but then I like fish and she doesn't :-)

So my question is, is there a nice way to become "kissable" again
afterwords without getting totally unromantic (like going into the
bathroom and washing my face).

P.S. have tried aftershave and "binaca", no dice :-).

martin@topaz.RUTGERS.EDU (Still Crazy After All These Years) (10/09/86)

In article <483@cci632.UUCP> rb@ccird2.UUCP (Rex Ballard) writes:

>So my question is, is there a nice way to become "kissable" again
>afterwords without getting totally unromantic (like going into the
>bathroom and washing my face).

Yes, there is help for all you straight men (and Ray Frank too).
Orange marmalade works wonders.  It doesn't stain like strawberry or
raspberry or even blueberry, and men who get it in their mustaches
claim that it makes them cheerful all the next day.

Helpfully,
Dr. Poohth        topaz!unipress!pooh
                  caip!unirot!pooh  <-- big-time crashed
                  pooh@aim.rutgers.edu

Give Bozo the bag.

jrw@hropus.UUCP (Jim Webb) (10/10/86)

> Actually, the biggest problem currently, is that after I go down,
> she doesn't want to be kissed.  I like to do it, and she enjoys
> it while I'm down there, but then I like fish and she doesn't :-)
>
> So my question is, is there a nice way to become "kissable" again
> afterwords without getting totally unromantic (like going into the
> bathroom and washing my face).
>
> P.S. have tried aftershave and "binaca", no dice :-).

Spray her with the "binaca" first... :-)

PS
Doug tells me that the fastest way to become "kissable"
is to do a "swirly" on oneself... 8^}

(Hi Melanie...) (Gail, Ed wants to race [in the car])
--
Jim Webb             "Out of phase--get help"          ...!ihnp4!hropus!jrw

ronc@fai.UUCP (Ronald O. Christian) (10/13/86)

In article <722@hropus.UUCP> jrw@hropus.UUCP (Jim Webb) writes:
>> Actually, the biggest problem currently, is that after I go down,
>> she doesn't want to be kissed.
>>
>> P.S. have tried aftershave and "binaca", no dice :-).
>
>Spray her with the "binaca" first... :-)
>
>Jim Webb

Do it from a safe distance so you don't get knocked out when
she hits the ceiling.

Kids, don't try this at home....

			Ron
		Ronald O. Christian (Fujitsu America Inc., San Jose, Calif.)
		seismo!amdahl!fai!ronc  -or-   ihnp4!pesnta!fai!ronc

Oliver's law of assumed responsibility:
	"If you are seen fixing it, you will be blamed for breaking it."