[soc.women] What's wrong with Playboy?

rcj@burl.ATT.COM (Curtis Jackson) (10/13/86)

In article <1076@sunybcs.UUCP> ugeileen@gort.UUCP (Eileen McGowan) writes:
>	I know when I see a man sporting one of those Playboy logos..or
>  whatever...the picture of the bunny head...I get angry.  I find it hard
>  to tolerate a man who is proud of viewing women as sex toys.  I am
>  tempted to give him a punch in the gut or say something very insulting
>  to him.  But, I try to avoid doing either.  It probably would only make
>  him angry at me and want to be a "playboy" even more.

Now hold on a minute here!

a) I have a very special lady friend.  When we make love, it is very often
cuddly and giggly and warm and all that mushy stuff -- it's great!  There
are times, however, when one or the other of us has his/her eyes glaze
over and rips the other's clothes off (usually figuratively) and leaps on
them -- that is also great!  Then it's time to giggle afterwards:

Rippee: "You were so intense!  So hot!"
Ripper: "Really?  I was too busy to notice.  Remind me to pay you for the
	<article(s) of clothing> I shredded in the process."
Rippee: "Can I take it out in trade?"  <LEAP!>

Now the point of all this is that she doesn't give a damn where I stoke up
my friend Lee Bideaux (libido, for non-Cajuns), as long as I bring him to
bed, too.  And neither she nor I mind the other treating us as a sex toy
on occasion.

b) If you're just talking about guys who have stuff with the logo on it,
well, a lot of the guys I know who are into that are kind of jerks.  I
myself like the logo -- it is simple yet classy -- a rarity these days.
(Guess that means I have a good chance of being a jerk myself, huh?)
I also like the Playboy mystique; I'll admit it.  And the clubs aren't bad,
either!  Last time I was playing blackjack in the Playboy Club in Atlantic
City, I had to ask the pit boss to keep me a sippin' drink of Bailey's at
my elbow all the time so I wouldn't have to look away from my cards to
get the attention of one of the lovely young waitresses!  I ended up
winning plenty of money to finance the whole trip plus some, but only
because I kept my eyes on my cards and old Lee in my inside coat pocket....

Anyway, I guess this was a long-winded way to say that I don't know of
anyone who wouldn't want to be *the right person's* sex toy.  I don't
know of anyone who can look me directly in the eye and say that they
get no enjoyment (note I didn't say sexual jollies, just a pleasant
feeling of mind and/or body) from looking at a physically-attractive member
of the appropriate sex.  And I don't know of anyone who has never had a
fantasy, and I hope I never meet anyone like that, either.

My Dad [looking at bikini-clad girls on beach, then noticing my Mom is
	watching him do it]: "The day I stop looking, put me six feet under!"
My Mom [smiling sweetly]: "Same goes for the day you start touching."

Oh, for you women who don't consider looking at the male body a sin (I think
you ought to enjoy it if you lean that way), I heard they now have "Rabbits"
(male waitpersons) to match the female Bunnies at what used to be the Playboy
club in AC.  Any of you checked it out?  Did they do as well for you as they've
always done for us guys?  Sure hope so!
--

The MAD Programmer -- 919-228-3313 (Cornet 291)
alias: Curtis Jackson	...![ ihnp4 ulysses cbosgd allegra ]!burl!rcj

henry@mit-trillian.MIT.EDU (Henry Mensch) (10/13/86)

In article <1502@burl.ATT.COM> rcj@burl.UUCP (Curtis Jackson) writes:
>Now the point of all this is that she doesn't give a damn where I stoke up
>my friend Lee Bideaux (libido, for non-Cajuns), as long as I bring him to
>bed, too.  And neither she nor I mind the other treating us as a sex toy
>on occasion.

Ohmygawd!  Menage-a-trois!  What *is* this world coming to?

>Anyway, I guess this was a long-winded way to say that I don't know of
>anyone who wouldn't want to be *the right person's* sex toy.  .  .

Isn't that the point of soc.singles? ;-)

>Oh, for you women who don't consider looking at the male body a sin (I think
>you ought to enjoy it if you lean that way), I heard they now have "Rabbits"
>(male waitpersons) to match the female Bunnies at what used to be the Playboy
>club in AC.

Well, to be quite honest I haven't seen any "rabbits" at Playboy
Clubs, and I imagine they wouldn't be very exciting (I've always
considered the garp of the "bunnies" to be lacking something ... no
pun intended).  Besides, how would they dress a "rabbit?"  Does the
rabbit prance around the restaurant in a speedo swimsuit?

An Inquiring Mind,
		   Major Faux Pas ("Where, where?")
Henry Mensch     |   XXXXXXXXX XXXXXX  | XXX/XXXXXXX XXXXXX
henry@athena.mit.edu          ..!mit-eddie!mit-athena!henry

rissa@chinet.UUCP (Garret and Trish) (10/15/86)

Curtis Jackson writes:

>b) If you're just talking about guys who have stuff with the logo on it,
>well, a lot of the guys I know who are into that are kind of jerks.  I
>myself like the logo -- it is simple yet classy -- a rarity these days.
>I also like the Playboy mystique; I'll admit it.  And the clubs aren't bad,
>either!  Last time I was playing blackjack in the Playboy Club in Atlantic
>City, I had to ask the pit boss to keep me a sippin' drink of Bailey's at
>my elbow all the time so I wouldn't have to look away from my cards to
>get the attention of one of the lovely young waitresses!  I ended up
>winning plenty of money to finance the whole trip plus some, but only
>because I kept my eyes on my cards and old Lee in my inside coat pocket....
>
>Oh, for you women who don't consider looking at the male body a sin (I think
>you ought to enjoy it if you lean that way), I heard they now have "Rabbits"
>(male waitpersons) to match the female Bunnies at what used to be the Playboy
>club in AC.  Any of you checked it out?  Did they do as well for you as they've
>always done for us guys?  Sure hope so!
>--

It's always so refreshing to encounter people who are still living in
1956.  Anyone who thinks the playboy logo is classy is suffering from
extreme cultural deprivation.

         T R I S H
         T U A M A

Now that I think of it, I've never seen anyone actually wearing or
using anything with little playboy logos on it.  Is this because
I live in the only place in the universe (lakeside Chicago) that
doesn't have cable?  Or automatic sales calls?