[soc.women] Larry Lippman and intentions

darcic@midas.UUCP (10/23/87)

I would have sent this via e-mail, but he seems to only respond to posted
articles...

In article <2144@kitty.UUCP> larry@kitty.UUCP (Larry Lippman) writes:
>	You know, I had something to offer soc.women readers, but no one
>was perceptive enough - or was realistic and cared enough - to recognize it.
>And that is: my available resources (which are not insignificant, and which
>you now know exist based upon the "federal court case business") could
>have helped readers fight REAL sexual discrimination in the REAL world.

Is that what you were doing?! YOU SURE AS HELL HAD ME FOOLED.
Maybe you weren't articulate enough to express it! This is typical - hiding
behind the "But gee, I was only trying to help" excuse after managing to
to infuriate both the men and women of soc.women.

The first article from you was one of your armchair psychoanalysis of a
certain contributor of this group that was vicious and uncalled for. Many
of us women (and men) made it very clear that these 'contributions' were
not welcome.

>I have done this successfully for a few people in the "real world beyond
>the Net".  My definition of "real" does not, of course, include issues of
>"diminuitive pronouns" - but it does include issues of how to break a sexual
>discrimination barrier in seeking a particular job or promotion, and what
>laws may already exist to facilitate that task.  But, hell, no one here
>seems to care about THAT.  THAT is what I thought this newsgroup was all
>about; I guess I was wrong.  And as someone so kindly suggested, perhaps
>this is not the "right" newsgroup for me.

I never saw a single posting from you outlining various laws and methods
to fight sex discrimination. Would care to validate this claim with some
references to the articles which you must be referring to? What's that?
You didn't post anything like that? Well, what the hell are you talking about?
It seems that your actions in this newsgroup are in direct contradiction to
your claims. How do you explain that, Larry?

>	And lest someone suggest that my claim of being able to help
>anyone fight sexual discrimination is just, shall we say, a crock of shit,
>don't forget that I fought all of YOU

This is the same man that has ignored my attempts to continuing the fight
via e-mail. He hasn't bothered to fight ME at all. Not unless it's in public
so his ego can be fed.

>	But don't forget and become complacent on certain issues as I
>exit soc.women, since someone else may very well take my place.

Oh, yes, we little women are so complacent and all unless goaded by assholes
into action. Listen up, folks, to one who deserves are utmost attention and
respect.

>	And one more thing: those particular soc.women readers and the
>"kill file" business.  I'm impressed.  You show real strength of character.
>If you can't face MY postings which appear as inert letters on a terminal,
>how can you face sexual discrimination in the real world?

This from the man who hasn't answered any of my mail - ignoring what you don't
want to deal with, eh? What's that say about *your* strength of character?

This from the man who threatens other posters with libel for the postings
that appear as inert letters on a terminal. How have *you* managed to face
the real world?

Besides, what do YOU know of being a woman in a male dominated work place
everyday? For your information, some of us face this shit everyday - so we
CHOOSE to converse with other WOMEN about issues that concern US. I don't need
yet one more male voice telling me about the real world.

As to how I ended up reading your article after you were put in KILL file? Well,
you see, rn goes through and tells me which articles it's marking as read so
I "get" to see who sent which article w/o actually reading them. I have to
admit to being guilty of letting my curosity get the better of me.

>I could have walked 25 feet down the hall
>and posted from a different machine under a different logname to thwart
>your kill files and reach a few people, but it wasn't worth it.

You really impresses me, Larry. On one hand you claim that you
have so much to offer us women and then turn around and say it's not worth
the effort. Such a die-hard feminist, are you?

>	It's been, well, an "experience"...

And then some. Try not to let it happen again.

Darci Chapman

                {major backbone}!tektronix!midas!darcic
          darcic@midas.UUCP   darcic%midas.tek.com@relay.cs.net