[soc.women] What is Colin Jenkins hiding?

weemba@GARNET.BERKELEY.EDU (Obnoxious Math Grad Student) (01/03/88)

Look, just because the fellow at killer with the 2-inch dick cross-posted
all over the place doesn't mean the rest of you have to follow him for the
rest of your life.  Direct followups to alt.flame.  And if you don't get
alt.flame, post something intelligent for a change.  Bnug.

In article <2847@arthur.cs.purdue.edu>, jenkins@cs (Colin Jenkins) writes:
>I can't.  Forget that the person in question is Mark for a minute.  This is
>a perfect illustration of the abuse of the welfare system I objected to on the
>workfare topic.  My tax dollars are being spent on long distance phone calls
>by an apparently able-bodied person while others are starving for food and
>shelter.

Your tax dollars were also being spent on the Navy that apparently went out
of its way to get Mark ON welfare on the first place, that hired the aging
juvenile delinquents who went out of their way to harass Mark, that kept
buying psychiatrist after psychiatrist until they got the evaluation they
were look- ing for.  WHY aren't you complaining about >THAT< waste of YOUR
money?  Huh, WHY NOT?  It's magnitudes more than MES's phone bills.

When you said "Forget that the person in question is Mark for a minute," I
think you were completely lying.  I mean, I'm not hearing you complaining
about government phone bills being used at all the state-supported univer-
sities and federal institutes that make up a giant portion of the net.  I
don't think there would have been this terrible outrage if the poster in
question was someone you liked.  Be honest now.

Also, if you want to be fair about the matter, you're going to have to
reveal to the net just what YOU do that takes advantage of the tax money
that the rest of us pay.  Come on, spill the beans.  Fair is fair.  I
don't believe it's nothing, indeed, I don't believe it's less than Mark's
phone bills.

And if you don't want to be fair about the matter, and preserve the pri-
vacy of your financial status, then fine.  But don't be so goddammed SELF
righteous about other people next time around.

>	   I want MY money to go to me.  I work for the money I spend on
>MY phone calls.

Well, if it really BUGS you that much about YOUR money, I'll SEND(*) YOU
a whole dime.  Yes, Colin, a WHOLE FUCKING DIME.  This is true generosity
on my part: I estimate that 10 cents is orders of magnitude beyond the
share of your annual contribution to Mark's phone calls.  (For example, I
hazard that Mark spends < $10K/annum on phone calls, that the number of
taxpayers > 10M people and thus Colin's share is probably < $.001/annum.)
And if you don't want the dime, then quit bitching about YOUR MONEY al-
ready, and tell us what your REAL complaint is.

Footnote(*) Be sure to include a SSAE.  Insurance is extra.
Hey, lucky you out there!  Two flames for the price of one!
In article <21944@tis.llnl.gov>, mcb@tis (Michael C. Berch) writes:
>In article <22138@ucbvax.BERKELEY.EDU> robinson@dewey.soe.berkeley.edu
>(Michael Robinson) writes:
>> Mark is also a skilled and competent mechanic.  However, Mark can't work.
>> When the Navy decided to get rid of Mark, they couldn't fire him for
>> incompetence or poor job performance because they had been giving him
>> excellent job evaluations all along.  So they kept sending him to
>> psychiatrists until they got one to say that Mark was emotionally disabled
>> (whatever the hell that means).

>Huh? "Can't work"?  Since when is the Navy the exclusive employer of
>mechanics?

So just HOW is Mark supposed to convince some other potential employer of
mechanics that he IS a good mechanic???  Point to all those excellent job
evaluations the Navy gave him???  Riiiiight.  Can you guess what the NEXT
question this potential employer will ask?  I thought you could....

ucbvax!garnet!weemba	Matthew P Wiener/Brahms Gang/Berkeley CA 94720
 "Mother is far too clever to understand anything she does not like."