[soc.women] Dear

paw3c@krebs.acc.virginia.edu (Pat Wilson) (02/09/88)

In article <820@PT.CS.CMU.EDU>, edw@IUS1.CS.CMU.EDU (Eddie Wyatt) writes:

>    I have had many attacks on my personal character.  People have
> been implying that I would be a hard person to work with. I will enlighten
> all of you Sherlocks on my non-technical achievements and aspects.
>
> 		On Saturdays and Sundays my wife brought lunch for
> 		the entire demo crew of 6 to 8 people.  Note I was
> 		not paid for this, however compensation was offered to me.

_You_?  YOU?  What about your WIFE, who, presumably, did all the work?

> 	I voluntarily help with restocking the refrigerator with soda
> 	every month.

Presumably you also help with drinking soda...

> 	I have in the past voluntarily cleaned the refrigerator - our
> 	Suns were down and I had nothing else to do.

Oh, my, you're SO WONDERFUL!  Whose jobs _is_ it to clean the 'fridge?
Oh, probably just the secretary's...

Gag me with a backhoe.  You're just _such_ a stellar guy.  People all
around the world ar going to want to come and work with you...
Well, count me out.

Maybe there _is_ something to be said for requiring a certain amount
of sensitivity in people one hires.  It would weed jerks like this
right out of the pack...

--
Pat Wilson
AT&T Systems Administrator, UVa Medical School

edw@IUS1.CS.CMU.EDU (Eddie Wyatt) (02/10/88)

In article <315@krebs.acc.virginia.edu>, paw3c@krebs.acc.virginia.edu (Pat Wilson) writes:

> In article <820@PT.CS.CMU.EDU>, edw@IUS1.CS.CMU.EDU (Eddie Wyatt) writes:
> > 		On Saturdays and Sundays my wife brought lunch for
> > 		the entire demo crew of 6 to 8 people.  Note I was
> > 		not paid for this, however compensation was offered to me.
>
> _You_?  YOU?  What about your WIFE, who, presumably, did all the work?

  You are correct in that my wife did prepare the lunches.  However, she enjoys
cooking for a crowd.  Note that we only have common funds so compensation to me
is compensation to her.

> > 	I voluntarily help with restocking the refrigerator with soda
> > 	every month.
>
> Presumably you also help with drinking soda...

  And so do many others in our lab, but they to not offer to help. I
not hold anyone in contempt for not helping as the last sentence
may seem to imply.

> > 	I have in the past voluntarily cleaned the refrigerator - our
> > 	Suns were down and I had nothing else to do.
>
> Oh, probably just the secretary's...

   Incorrect, it is nobodies to do that menial work.  I do these
little extra things because I am concerned about the appearence of our
work place.

> Maybe there _is_ something to be said for requiring a certain amount
> of sensitivity in people one hires.  It would weed jerks like this
> right out of the pack...

  You have obviously made up your mind about me so why do you even bother
posting.   Your letters serve no purpose on the net other than to take
up net band width and aggravate me.  Does that give you pleasure?

Eddie Wyatt 				e-mail: edw@ius1.cs.cmu.edu