[net.sf-lovers] EARTH II

@RUTGERS.ARPA:Daniel_S._Conde.osbunorth@Xerox.ARPA (02/28/85)

From: Conde.osbunorth@XEROX.ARPA

>If anyone could tell me, I would like to remember the name of the
>third film I mentioned. This is where 3 people and in a suspended
>animation experiment in a space station when a war breaks out. the
>orbit is changed for the station to arrive back at earth in 180 years
(>when the radiation) is gone.

I think it was called Earth II.

Daniel Conde
conde.pa@Xerox.ARPA

@RUTGERS.ARPA,@SRI-CSL:Donald.Schmitz@CMU-RI-ARM.ARPA (03/04/85)

From: Donald.Schmitz@CMU-RI-ARM

Someone claimed Earth II as the movie everyone is searching for with 3
astronauts going into suspended animation on a space station.  This was
definitely not Earth II.  Earth II was a fairly good TV sf film about the
crew of, an I think, international space station, disarming a nuclear
warhead which the Soviets or Chinese placed in orbit.  It appeared a good
while ago, early 70's, and if I remember had pretty good effects, though not
a very heavy plot.

@RUTGERS.ARPA:boyajian%akov68.DEC@decwrl.ARPA (03/12/85)

From: boyajian%akov68.DEC@decwrl.ARPA

> From: Slocum@HI-MULTICS.ARPA	(Brett Slocum)

> In regards to Earth II, I thought that this was a movie starring
> Gary Lockwood (??) about an astronaut that crash lands on the
> duplicate of Earth that orbits the sun directly opposite Earth.
> This may or may not be Earth II.  Please clarify.
>
> I remember the movie mentioned, about the space station that disarms
> a Chinese nuclear warhead. I don't know what it was called.

The latter movie *is* EARTH II, and *it* stars Gary Lockwood.

The former movie is one of two possibilities:

(1) JOURNEY TO THE FAR SIDE OF THE SUN (1969), starring Roy Thinnes,
and produced by Century 21 Productions (Gerry & Sylvia Anderson).

(2) THE STRANGER (1973), a made-for-tv movie (pilot for a series that
was never made) starring Glenn Corbett, Lew Ayres, and Cameron Mitchell.

Both films are set on a world on the opposite side of the sun (Gor?)
from the Earth, sharing the same orbit.

--- jayembee (Jerry Boyajian, DEC, Maynard, MA)

UUCP:	{decvax|ihnp4|allegra|ucbvax|...}
	!decwrl!dec-rhea!dec-akov68!boyajian
ARPA:	boyajian%akov68.DEC@DECWRL.ARPA

<"Filmography is my pastime">