[soc.women] What is Usenet?

amos@taux01.UUCP (Amos Shapir) (07/19/88)

In article <12165@agate.BERKELEY.EDU> era1987@violet.berkeley.edu () writes:
>I will also seek to have all sites not subject to EEO/AA laws,
>dropped from Usenet unless they sign a nondiscrimination pledge,

The trouble is, legally there is no such thing as 'Usenet'; to join,
one only needs a feed from a neighbor. How would you define 'dropped
from Usenet' in legal terms?

>I think the benefits of making Usenet a legal, nondiscriminatory
>activity,  which corporations, universities, and government agencies
 ^^^^^^^^

MES seems to have realized that, so how is she going to sue an 'activity'?
It's going to be interesting to watch.

--
	Amos Shapir			(My other cpu is a NS32532)
National Semiconductor (Israel)