[soc.women] Steve Suppportive strikes again

oconnor@sungoddess.steinmetz (Dennis M. O'Connor) (12/30/88)

] From: richard@gryphon.COM (Richard Sexton)
] Newsgroups: soc.singles,soc.women,soc.men,alt.flame
	      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
What do these newsgroups have in common ? A high signal-to-flame ratio.
Does Richie also throw rocks at hornet's nests during picnics ?

] Subject: Steve Suppportive strikes again
] Date: 28 Dec 88 23:42:57 GMT
Why the explicitly-set followup to a totally unrelated group ?
Just trying to make trouble, I'd say. This is one complete asshole.

]
] In article <4717@homxc.UUCP> bgt@homxc.UUCP (B.TONGUE) writes:
] >
] >Howdy, fellow posters, I have just one thing to say this Thursday
] >night - it's been now approximately 4 months that I've been "on
] >the net," and I'd like to thank everyone for their wide range
] >of topics, opinions and conversations.  One thing that I
] >discovered is that while many people present starkly different
] >facades, I think that basically we're all very similar.
]
] Yes, I agree that basically we're all very similar, with the
] slight difference that your head is up your ass.

An unprovoked ad hominem attack. What, did "bgt@homxc.UUCP" offend
Richie and Richie's just GOTTA have revenge ?

] >We're just packaged differently.
] Perhaps we can get you re-packaged in some tasteful barbed wire.
]
] >And it's helped me deal with folks in my own surroundings.
] Egad.  Time for that enema.
]
] >I'd like to wish everyone a restful holiday and vacation.
] Hope you get run over by a truck.

Up till now I've always had contempt and loathing for Richard Sexton.
Now I feel pity as well. What a miserable life he must have. He'd be
better of, and so would we, if his feed(s) dropped him. Then he could pay
for the professional mental help he needs instead of paying phone bills.

To the SA(s) of his feed(s) : consider your responsibility as one
human being to other human beings. Drop gryphon soon, before Richard
Sexton goes over the edge. It's for his own good.
--
 Dennis O'Connor   oconnor%sungod@steinmetz.UUCP  ARPA: OCONNORDM@ge-crd.arpa
	"I've discovered how to stop stupid people from flaming :

oleg@gryphon.COM (Oleg Kiselev) (12/30/88)

In article <12857@steinmetz.ge.com> oconnor%sungod@steinmetz.UUCP writes:
>] Newsgroups: soc.singles,soc.women,soc.men,alt.flame
>	      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>What do these newsgroups have in common ? A high signal-to-flame ratio.

Just WHICH group is O'Connor insulting?  Alt.flame?!  HAHAHAHAHA!

>Why the explicitly-set followup to a totally unrelated group ?
>Just trying to make trouble, I'd say. This is one complete asshole.

Exactly.  And why did O'Connor followup to all the groups on the list?  Just
to make more trouble, I'd say.

>An unprovoked ad hominem attack. What, did "bgt@homxc.UUCP" offend
>Richie and Richie's just GOTTA have revenge ?

bgt@homxc had offended a number of people.  So did O'Connor.  So did I.  So
did Sexton.  So did a number of people.  Now, Sexton offended O'Connor and
O'Connor just GOTTA have revenge ?

>Up till now I've always had contempt and loathing for Richard Sexton.

O'Connor forgets to mention the reasons for that loathing.  Sexton is a
better flamer and is a well known NET.personality...

>Now I feel pity as well. What a miserable life he must have.

Yes, if O'Connor had a house full of wife and children and was a highly
respected expert in anything, his life'd be miserable too.

>He'd be
>better of, and so would we, if his feed(s) dropped him. Then he could pay
>for the professional mental help he needs instead of paying phone bills.

Sexton has no newsfeeds.  Sexton is a nobody.  If O'Connor thinks GRYPHON is
Sexton's machine, he is laboring under a misconception.  Then again, O'Connor
may be a misconception himself.

>To the SA(s) of his feed(s) : consider your responsibility as one
>human being to other human beings. Drop gryphon soon, before Richard
>Sexton goes over the edge. It's for his own good.

[Bogosity rating: .01 m-gilley]

Dennis O'Connor is definitely on really bad drugs.  Before anyone takes his
rantings seriously, do yourself a favour -- take a look at GRYPHON's USENET
map entry and see how many sites GRYPHON is feeding.  Then forget O'Connor
ever said anything.
--
			"No regrets, no apologies." -- Ronald Reagan

Oleg Kiselev            ARPA: lcc.oleg@seas.ucla.edu, oleg@gryphon.COM
(213)337-5230           UUCP:...!ucla-cs!lcc!oleg