[soc.women] Case Study of Four "Attractive" Men

plowen@cygnet.UUCP (Engineering Department Secretary) (01/17/90)

I too met my boyfriend in a nightclub (fancy name for a bar).  He's a
very intellegent, multiple degreed gentleman.  So there - score one more
for the club scene.  There are good people out there, you just have to kiss
a lot of frogs before you meet your prince (or princess whatever the case may
be).

By the way, you really do have to know which clubs to go to.... You are not
going to meet a quality person at Joe Schmo's Bar and Grill...

Pamela
"The men are always greener on the other side."

baba@oolong.uucp (Baba Rum Dudu) (01/17/90)

In article <1759@cygnet.UUCP> plowen@cygnet.UUCP (Engineering Department Secretary) writes:
	[how she met her SO in a bar]

>By the way, you really do have to know which clubs to go to.... You are not
>going to meet a quality person at Joe Schmo's Bar and Grill...

I tend to hang out at Joe's (one funny move and you're out on the street) Bar.
I've met people from all walks of life, from professionals to people who
should check themselves into detox for a year or two. I met my SO there.

There are quality people everywhere.

So there!

d'baba Duane Hentrich		...!hplabs!oliveb!tymix!baba

Claimer: These are only opinions since everything I know is wrong.
Copyright notice: If you're going to copy it, copy it right.

rcf@pnet01.cts.com (Bob Forsythe) (01/17/90)

>By the way, you really do have to know which clubs to go to.... You are not
>going to meet a quality person at Joe Schmo's Bar and Grill...
>
>Pamela
>"The men are always greener on the other side."

     And what exactly, pray tell, is a "quality person".  Apparently that's
someone who is a "very intelligent, multiple degreed gentleman."  Does that
mean that men without degrees aren't "quality persons"?  Or should we assume
that you would only be attracted to a "quality person"?  Sorry, but it all
sounds rather perjorative to me.

Bob c/o The OTH Gang
rcf@pnet01.cts.com

plowen@cygnet.UUCP (Engineering Department Secretary) (01/18/90)

I am glad to see that so many people have found quality people in
"bars" - I think they have a bad rep (most likely established in
the 70's, when John Travolta, Disco, and sleezy one night stands
were the norm).  Where else might one go to meet members of the
opposite sex, if not a night club??

Pamela
"The man are USUALLY greener on the other side."

plowen@cygnet.UUCP (Engineering Department Secretary) (01/18/90)

Sure didn't mean to step on any toes, but since you asked, my
ideas on quality people  don't have anything ay all to do
with degrees.  I could care less.  It just so happens that
my latest has a couple of them, which shows me stick-to-it-ivness,
if nothing else.  Trully, my idea of a quality person has to do
with the gentlemanly part, and a great sense of humor.  Great
buns don't hurt, either....

Pamela
"The men are USUALLY greener on the other side."

csachs@oucsace.cs.OHIOU.EDU (Colin Sachs) (01/18/90)

In article <1761@cygnet.UUCP>, plowen@cygnet.UUCP (Engineering Department Secretary) writes:
[most everything deleted]
> Pamela
> "The man are USUALLY greener on the other side."

Only if you don't turn us over every once in a while.  That way, the
other side won't grow so much mildew and moss.

--
Colin Sachs  -  csachs@oucsace.cs.ohiou.edu

   Thesiate (v): the act of researching or writing a thesis.
   Dissertate (v): the act of researching or writing a dissertation.