[net.sf-lovers] MythDrawn Comics

@RUTGERS.ARPA:Purtill.StudentNS@MIT-MULTICS.ARPA (03/13/85)

From: Mark Purtill <Purtill@MIT-MULTICS.ARPA>

<fnord>

>  Some of the people may dislike Phil Foglio's drawings but at least
>they're accurate.  On the cover of the Myth books Ahz is shown as
>being a lot taller than Skeeve.  However, in the book it mentions
>that Skeeve is taller than Ahz.  It's not only that way on the first
>book but also on the second.

Surprise!  Its also that way in the comic book, draw by...  Phil Foglio.
Also, the pose of the demon hunter, Quigly or whatever it is, changes
while he is suposedly a statue.  First, he's chasing the demons when
he's hit with the spell, then he's riding his unicorn, and then he's
laying with his hands at his sides when the unicorn is dragging him.
(In the book (the first one, of course), I think there is actually a
point made that Quigly is in a unicorn-riding position while being
dragged....)  (Incidentally, the comics are not following the books
exactly in all cases. There are minor changes, usually for the better,
generally adding additional visual humor, altho sometimes at the expence
of information.

Personally, I find that Foglio captures the /spirit/ of MythAdventures
as well as anyone, and certainly better than the guy who is illustrating
the ACE paperback covers.  (The same guy also did the cover of the SFBC
omnibus, which was in the same overly realistic style, but better done
in my opinion.)

> Someone at my local book store told me
>that the third book (Myth Directions?)  has been out of print for a
>few months.  Could they be republishing it with Foglio's
>illustrations?  (Personally I hope so.)

Wasn't that one originally illustrated by Foglio?

Mark