[soc.roots] "Roots" software for mac?

thomas@utah-gr.UUCP (Spencer W. Thomas) (07/14/87)

My parents recently bought a Mac+ for their business, but are now
wondering if there is some genealogy software for the Mac.  Can anyone
enlighten me on this?  Either PD, Freeware or commercial software would
be acceptable (although it should have a low probability of crashing -
they are not computeroids).

Please respond by mail.

--
=Spencer   ({ihnp4,decvax}!utah-cs!thomas, thomas@cs.utah.edu)

kees@praxis.co.uk (Kees Goossens) (07/16/87)

In article <2082@utah-gr.UUCP> thomas@utah-gr.UUCP (Spencer W. Thomas) writes:

>My parents recently bought a Mac+ for their business, but are now
>wondering if there is some genealogy software for the Mac.  Can anyone
>enlighten me on this?  Either PD, Freeware or commercial software would
>be acceptable (although it should have a low probability of crashing -
>they are not computeroids).
>
>Please respond by mail.
>
>--
>=Spencer   ({ihnp4,decvax}!utah-cs!thomas, thomas@cs.utah.edu)

Could you summarize the responses on the net, please?
I am very interested in such software too.

		Mum	Dad
		 +---+---+

		   Kees

Kees Goossens             o      | "En nu lieve kijkbuis kinderen: Oogjes dicht
kees@praxis.uucp          |Rood  |  en snaveltjes toe. Slaap lekker!"
kees@praxis.co.uk         |Wit   |                             -- Meneer de Uil.
...!mcvax!ukc!praxis!kees |Blauw |
[th6@aber-cs shortly]     |      | The land is a mother that never dies --Maori